Problems retrieving the image out of jpeg lossless encoded data - DICOM

This is a discussion on Problems retrieving the image out of jpeg lossless encoded data - DICOM ; Hello Dicom experts, just a short question concerning the decoding of lossless jpeg images 1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.70 I use a heuristic to find the beginning of the image data that up to now worked well. Therefore I tried to find the sequence ...

  1. Problems retrieving the image out of jpeg lossless encoded data

    Hello Dicom experts,

    just a short question concerning the decoding of lossless jpeg images
    1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.70

    I use a heuristic to find the beginning of the image data that up to
    now worked well. Therefore I tried to find the sequence 0xFF 0xD8
    within the data stream. Unfortunately I got an image that doesn't
    seem to contain such a sequence.

    Does anybody have a hint where to dig further?

    Kind regards

    Stefan

  2. Re: Problems retrieving the image out of jpeg lossless encoded data

    Hello:

    Have you try some of the libraries listed here
    (http://datacompression.info/JPEG.shtml)?

    It's just an appointment...

    Xose

    Stefan Zachow wrote in message news:<36pv5iF53qm1fU1@news.dfncis.de>...
    > Hello Dicom experts,
    >
    > just a short question concerning the decoding of lossless jpeg images
    > 1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.70
    >
    > I use a heuristic to find the beginning of the image data that up to
    > now worked well. Therefore I tried to find the sequence 0xFF 0xD8
    > within the data stream. Unfortunately I got an image that doesn't
    > seem to contain such a sequence.
    >
    > Does anybody have a hint where to dig further?
    >
    > Kind regards
    >
    > Stefan

  3. Re: Problems retrieving the image out of jpeg lossless encoded data

    Bonjour Stefan,

    The stream does not have a 0xFF 0xD8 marker? Hum... that's not a
    good sign. I never heard of a JPEG (any JPEG) without the "Start Of
    Image" marker!

    Just for the fun of it, could you try to drop your image on TomoVision
    to see if I have more luck with decoder?

    I've completely changed my lossless JPEG decoder recently to try to be
    more "robust" and catch some of the more common problems... And if
    TomoVision can't see your images, is it possible to send me a sample
    file so that I can look at it?

    You can download TomoVision from www.TomoVision.com

    Merci,

    Yves

    On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 20:50:59 +0100, Stefan Zachow
    wrote:

    >Hello Dicom experts,
    >
    >just a short question concerning the decoding of lossless jpeg images
    >1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.70
    >
    >I use a heuristic to find the beginning of the image data that up to
    >now worked well. Therefore I tried to find the sequence 0xFF 0xD8
    >within the data stream. Unfortunately I got an image that doesn't
    >seem to contain such a sequence.
    >
    >Does anybody have a hint where to dig further?
    >
    >Kind regards
    >
    > Stefan

+ Reply to Thread