what can be found by FINDSCU ?? - DICOM

This is a discussion on what can be found by FINDSCU ?? - DICOM ; I am trying to use findscu to find some fields as below: FINDSCU -aet server_AE -P -k 0008,0052=IMAGE -k 0010,0020 -k 0018,1030 Server_name port_number However, only the value for 0010,0020(Patient ID) is listed, while the value for 0018,0030(Protocol Name) could ...

  1. what can be found by FINDSCU ??

    I am trying to use findscu to find some fields as below:
    FINDSCU -aet server_AE -P -k 0008,0052=IMAGE -k 0010,0020 -k 0018,1030
    Server_name port_number

    However, only the value for 0010,0020(Patient ID) is listed, while the
    value for 0018,0030(Protocol Name) could not show up...

    Can someone please tell me exactly what fields can be included in
    FINDSCU and whether there is any way to modify the behavior so that I
    could find more fields??

    Thanks.

    Jie Huang

  2. Re: what can be found by FINDSCU ??

    -P is Patient Root information model query. You've specified query at
    the image level. This implies you have to supply unique value key
    attributes at the patient, study and series levels of the information
    model. Protocol name is normally something queried on the modality
    worklist. It might be included in the image but would probably be
    buried in a sequence. What were you trying to query?

  3. Re: what can be found by FINDSCU ??

    Let's say that I am trying to query 0008,0070 for Manufacturer? Please
    tell me how to write the findscu command?

    Thanks.

    Jie

    eric.goodall@gmail.com wrote:
    > -P is Patient Root information model query. You've specified query at
    > the image level. This implies you have to supply unique value key
    > attributes at the patient, study and series levels of the information
    > model. Protocol name is normally something queried on the modality
    > worklist. It might be included in the image but would probably be
    > buried in a sequence. What were you trying to query?

+ Reply to Thread