Curve Data Problem - DICOM

This is a discussion on Curve Data Problem - DICOM ; Hi, I have a problem with ECG curve DATA. I don't know if my understanding or the data is wrong. Some appilcations show this curve fine so i guess it's me... I saw few images of different vendors with the ...

  1. Curve Data Problem

    Hi,

    I have a problem with ECG curve DATA.
    I don't know if my understanding or the data is wrong.
    Some appilcations show this curve fine so i guess it's me...

    I saw few images of different vendors with the same problem

    The Curve Data has the following attributes:

    5000,0005 Curve Dimensions = 2
    5000,0010 Number Of Points = 1360
    5000,0020 Type Of Data = ECG
    5000,0030 Axis Units = DPPS\NONE
    5000,0102 Data Value Representation = 0
    The Curve Data size is 2720

    To my knowledge the data size should be:
    dimensions * number of points * data size
    for value representation 0 the data size is 2
    so the size should be 2*1360*2 = 5440 but the actual size is
    2720 - exactly half of the expected....

    Any idea ?

    Thanks,
    Roi

  2. Re: Curve Data Problem

    What about the elements (see PS 3.3 C.10.2.1.5):

    50xx,0110 - Curve Data Descriptor
    50xx,0114 - Coordinate Step Value

    It could mean that you have 2 dimensions but only one
    value per point because the other value is determined
    by "interval spacing" (as they call it in the standard).

    Cheers,
    Torsten

    roi@algotec.co.il wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a problem with ECG curve DATA.
    > I don't know if my understanding or the data is wrong.
    > Some appilcations show this curve fine so i guess it's me...
    >
    > I saw few images of different vendors with the same problem
    >
    > The Curve Data has the following attributes:
    >
    > 5000,0005 Curve Dimensions = 2
    > 5000,0010 Number Of Points = 1360
    > 5000,0020 Type Of Data = ECG
    > 5000,0030 Axis Units = DPPS\NONE
    > 5000,0102 Data Value Representation = 0
    > The Curve Data size is 2720
    >
    > To my knowledge the data size should be:
    > dimensions * number of points * data size
    > for value representation 0 the data size is 2
    > so the size should be 2*1360*2 = 5440 but the actual size is
    > 2720 - exactly half of the expected....
    >
    > Any idea ?
    >

    > Thanks,
    > Roi