Experience with RSNA CDs handed out as part of IHE PDI demo - DICOM

This is a discussion on Experience with RSNA CDs handed out as part of IHE PDI demo - DICOM ; Hi Did any of you who attended RSNA take home either official IHE PDI CDs or those CDs created by the vendors as part of the PDI CD demo? Did you have any trouble reading them in your equipment when ...

  1. Experience with RSNA CDs handed out as part of IHE PDI demo

    Hi

    Did any of you who attended RSNA take home either official IHE PDI CDs
    or those CDs created by the vendors as part of the PDI CD demo?

    Did you have any trouble reading them in your equipment when you got
    them home (and I don't mean firing up any viewer on the CD, I mean
    importing or displaying the content in your PACS and/or workstations)?

    Inquiring minds want to know.

    Thanks ... David

  2. Re: Experience with RSNA CDs handed out as part of IHE PDI demo

    I got the PDI CD at my place and have used its dicom IODs both with the
    software I am working on, which uses Offis as dicom back-end and had no
    problems with that, but I used it randomly.

    I've also used storeSCU to send it to a version of eFilm I have (1.5.3)
    and sent several studies/images there, from GE, Tiani and Toshiba with
    no problems. However, eFilm bombs when I tried to search the CD from
    using the provided interface for that. The dicomdir there seems OK
    though, I've quickly checked its XML dump

    ~~Razvan.

  3. Re: Experience with RSNA CDs handed out as part of IHE PDI demo

    wrote:

    > The dicomdir there seems OK though, I've quickly checked

    The DICOMDIR seems to be correct. I used our validation tool
    DCMCHECK for this purpose. Btw, the DICOMDIR has been created
    with DCMTK 3.5.3 as you can see from the dump :-)

    Regards,
    Joerg Riesmeier
    OFFIS

  4. Re: Experience with RSNA CDs handed out as part of IHE PDI demo

    David Clunie wrote:

    > Did you have any trouble reading them in your equipment when you got
    > them home (and I don't mean firing up any viewer on the CD, I mean
    > importing or displaying the content in your PACS and/or workstations)?

    We've found a number of issues with the SR and KO documents. Some of them
    are not 100% standard conformant. However, we did not check all DICOM
    files on the CD.

    Regards,
    Joerg Riesmeier
    OFFIS