Association Rejection Clarification - DICOM

This is a discussion on Association Rejection Clarification - DICOM ; Howdy- Newbie here. Say the association acceptor rejects each of the proposed abstract syntaxes. Should the acceptor reply with an association acceptance PDU (A-ASSOCIATE-AC) or an association rejection PDU (A-ASSOCIATE-RJ)? My reading of PS3.8 Annex D "Association Negotiation" doesn't indicate ...

  1. Association Rejection Clarification

    Howdy-

    Newbie here.

    Say the association acceptor rejects each of the proposed abstract
    syntaxes. Should the acceptor reply with an association acceptance PDU
    (A-ASSOCIATE-AC) or an association rejection PDU (A-ASSOCIATE-RJ)?

    My reading of PS3.8 Annex D "Association Negotiation" doesn't indicate
    either way.
    Thanks for the help!

    Cheers, Jason Aaron Osgood / Seattle WA

  2. Re: Association Rejection Clarification

    Jason Aaron Osgood wrote:
    > Say the association acceptor rejects each of the proposed abstract
    > syntaxes. Should the acceptor reply with an association acceptance PDU
    > (A-ASSOCIATE-AC) or an association rejection PDU (A-ASSOCIATE-RJ)?

    Both reactions are probably legal, but an A-ASSOCIATE-AC is not really
    useful because it confirms an association that cannot be used to
    transfer any DIMSE message, i.e. the only possible events for that
    association would be an A-RELEASE-RQ or A-ABORT.

    Regards,
    Marco Eichelberg
    OFFIS

+ Reply to Thread