Modality Worklist vs. General Purpose Worklist - DICOM

This is a discussion on Modality Worklist vs. General Purpose Worklist - DICOM ; Hello All! Reading the DICOM standard I have found out that there is a mechanism to prevent executing the same Scheduled Procedure Step on different Worklist consumers(SCU) at the same time. Is this true only for GP Worklist? --------------------------------------------------------- As ...

  1. Modality Worklist vs. General Purpose Worklist

    Hello All!

    Reading the DICOM standard I have found out that there is a mechanism
    to prevent executing the same Scheduled Procedure Step on different
    Worklist consumers(SCU) at the same time. Is this true only for GP
    Worklist?

    As soon as an SCU starts working on the performance of a GP-SPS, a
    status modification to IN PROGRESS shall be requested by SCU.
    If the status modification to IN PROGRESS is acknowledged, the SCU at
    the same time has an implicit exclusive lock on the GP-SPS.

    GP-SPS states are Scheduled, In Progress, Suspended, Discontinued,
    Completed.

    Is there a similar approach for the communication Acquisition Modality
    and Worklist/Workflow manager?
    How the one can be sure that only the single Acquisition Modality is
    "owner" of the SPS?

    Thanks in advance,
    Viktor

  2. Re: Modality Worklist vs. General Purpose Worklist

    Viktor Chernenko wrote:

    > Reading the DICOM standard I have found out that there is a mechanism
    > to prevent executing the same Scheduled Procedure Step on different
    > Worklist consumers(SCU) at the same time. Is this true only for GP
    > Worklist?
    > Is there a similar approach for the communication Acquisition

    Modality
    > and Worklist/Workflow manager?
    > How the one can be sure that only the single Acquisition Modality is
    > "owner" of the SPS?

    No there is not. Indeed MWL SPS do not even have a UID.

    However, the MWL SCP could, if it were a MPPS SCP, remove the SPS entry
    in subsequent queries when it saw the MPPS instance created and
    IN PROGRESS.

    David

  3. Re: Modality Worklist vs. General Purpose Worklist

    Thank you David.

    > No there is not. Indeed MWL SPS do not even have a UID.
    >
    > However, the MWL SCP could, if it were a MPPS SCP, remove the SPS

    entry
    > in subsequent queries when it saw the MPPS instance created and
    > IN PROGRESS.

    If MWL SPS do not have a UID how can the MWL SCP (suppose it is a MPPS
    SCP) find the MWL SCP that corresponds to MPPS? Is a combination of
    and enough for that?

    But anyway that does not help if 2 Modalities have had already a
    Worklist

    Do you know are there some plans to improve the communication between
    Modalities and MWL SCP?

    Thanks
    Viktor

+ Reply to Thread