Unidentified Patient Image Acquisition and Reconciliation - DICOM

This is a discussion on Unidentified Patient Image Acquisition and Reconciliation - DICOM ; I've read the IHE Technical Framework, and it points out the transactions implied with an unidentified patient. What it's not clear to me is what should be done with dicom objects after Image Manager receives a patient update message. As ...

  1. Unidentified Patient Image Acquisition and Reconciliation

    I've read the IHE Technical Framework, and it points out the
    transactions implied with an unidentified patient. What it's not clear
    to me is what should be done with dicom objects after Image Manager
    receives a patient update message. As far as I know dicom objects
    shouldn't be modified. So, Is this dicom object going to be
    permanently associated with John Doe?

    comments?

    Regards,

    Erik Campos

  2. Re: Unidentified Patient Image Acquisition and Reconciliation

    ec wrote:
    > I've read the IHE Technical Framework, and it points out the
    > transactions implied with an unidentified patient. What it's not

    clear
    > to me is what should be done with dicom objects after Image Manager
    > receives a patient update message. As far as I know dicom objects
    > shouldn't be modified. So, Is this dicom object going to be
    > permanently associated with John Doe?
    >
    > comments?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Erik Campos

    Erik:

    A well behaved Image Manager will update its database with the new
    patient information and coerce the updated data into the DICOM header
    upon export via DICOM C-MOVE. The original DICOM dataset should not be
    modified due to legal ramifications (i.e. you should be able to
    reproduce the file exactly as you received it).

    Tim

+ Reply to Thread