dcmmkdir.exe of DCMTK-3.5.3 crashes if compiled with using managed extensions - DICOM

This is a discussion on dcmmkdir.exe of DCMTK-3.5.3 crashes if compiled with using managed extensions - DICOM ; Hi All, I am trying to make an application (in VC++ .Net) for making a DICOMDIR, using the DicomDirInterface Class of the DCMTK-3.5.3 DICOM Toolkit. If I compile my application using the managed extensions of the .Net framework the application ...

  1. dcmmkdir.exe of DCMTK-3.5.3 crashes if compiled with using managed extensions

    Hi All,

    I am trying to make an application (in VC++ .Net) for making a
    DICOMDIR, using the DicomDirInterface Class of the DCMTK-3.5.3 DICOM
    Toolkit. If I compile my application using the managed extensions of
    the .Net framework the application crashes otherwise its working
    perfectly fine.

    I get the following runtime error:

    "Expression: _BLOCK_TYPE_IS_VALID(pHead->nBlockUse)"

    I also tried compiling "dcmmkdir.exe" which comes as a sample
    application with this toolkit, with the managed extensions thats also
    crashing giving the same error..

    So, I want to know whether DCMTK-3.5.3 gives support for making an
    application in .Net Framework or is it that i am making a blunder
    somewhere.

    prompt reply is highly appreciated

    Nitin Bansal

  2. Re: dcmmkdir.exe of DCMTK-3.5.3 crashes if compiled with using managed extensions

    Nitin Bansal wrote:

    > So, I want to know whether DCMTK-3.5.3 gives support for making an
    > application in .Net Framework or is it that i am making a blunder

    Unfortunately, we have no experiences in using DCMTK with C#/.NET,
    so we cannot help you in this regard.

    Please post future questions regarding DCMTK to the discussion forum
    at http://forum.dcmtk.org/.

    Regards,
    Joerg Riesmeier
    OFFIS