Image Type - DICOM

This is a discussion on Image Type - DICOM ; HI, Iam going to generate endoscopic dicom images during exam. So what shall be the value of Image Type? If i create endoscopic dicom image after the exam? What shall be the Image Type? Regards...

  1. Image Type

    HI,
    Iam going to generate endoscopic dicom images during exam. So what
    shall be the value of Image Type?

    If i create endoscopic dicom image after the exam? What shall be the
    Image Type?

    Regards

  2. Re: Image Type

    Gurikar wrote:

    > I am going to generate endoscopic dicom images during exam. So what
    > shall be the value of Image Type?
    >
    > If I create endoscopic dicom image after the exam? What shall be the
    > Image Type?

    ORIGINAL\PRIMARY would be the most typical, even though the image might
    actually have been captured from a video frame grab of a camera on the
    endoscope, but during the course of the patient examination.

    One could encode it as ORIGINAL\SECONDARY if the frame grab
    was from a replay of the video tape later, but there is little to be
    gained by making this distinction.

    It is often hard to justify the additional complexity in the frame grabbing
    application to allow making the distinction, since no subsequent user
    of the image really cares.

    But that is what the second value of Image Type is intended to be used
    for, as I read it.

    David

+ Reply to Thread