Where is VENC stored in the DICOM for GE MRI system - DICOM

This is a discussion on Where is VENC stored in the DICOM for GE MRI system - DICOM ; Hi, Does anyone knows where the VENC (Velcotiy Encoded) parameter is stored in DICOM header file for GE MRI system? I have velocity encoded MRI images in DICOM format. Can anyone tell me how I use the MRI image to ...

  1. Where is VENC stored in the DICOM for GE MRI system

    Hi,

    Does anyone knows where the VENC (Velcotiy Encoded) parameter is
    stored in DICOM header file for GE MRI system?

    I have velocity encoded MRI images in DICOM format.
    Can anyone tell me how I use the MRI image to measure the velocity at
    a particular point in the image. I can open the file an measure the
    intensity at that point. But, what do I do with the intensity value?

    Please help. It is urgent.

    Regards
    Jacob

  2. Re: Where is VENC stored in the DICOM for GE MRI system

    Jacob wrote in "news:com.protocols.dicom":

    > Does anyone knows where the VENC (Velcotiy Encoded) parameter is
    > stored in DICOM header file for GE MRI system?
    >
    > I have velocity encoded MRI images in DICOM format.
    > Can anyone tell me how I use the MRI image to measure the velocity at
    > a particular point in the image. I can open the file an measure the
    > intensity at that point. But, what do I do with the intensity value?

    (0x0019,0x0010) LO PrivateCreator VR= VL=<0x000c>
    (0x0019,0x10cc) SS Velocity Encoding VR= VL=<0x0002> [0x07d0]
    (0x0019,0x10e2) DS Velocity Encode Scale VR= VL=<0x000a> <636.619995>

    In this case, pixel values in (0010,07fe0) range from -2000 to 2000 (0x07d0)
    before aliasing.

    The integer stored pixel values should be divided by 636.619995 to get cm/s,
    e.g. a pixel value of 2000 is 3.14 cm/s.

    I am not 100% sure that this interpretation of the scaling parameter is
    correct, and will try and verify this ... you should be able to do a few
    experiments to confirm it yourself easily enough.

    Also

    (0x0019,0x10cb) SS Prescribed Flow Axis VR= VL=<0x0002> [0x0008]

    though I not know what the defined values for this are.

    David

    PS. Jacob, I am in need of more sets of velocity encoded GE images for demonstration
    purposes, so if you have any such studies you could send to me I can give you
    the link to an ftp site to store them on. I would like entire series, not just single
    images.

+ Reply to Thread