File Meta Information - DICOM

This is a discussion on File Meta Information - DICOM ; HI all, When we implement Storage SCU class, i will construct dataset from file which is stored in local disk(file format part 10)..So when iam sending it to remote server,,Should i need to remove File Meta Information?? or send it ...

  1. File Meta Information

    HI all,

    When we implement Storage SCU class, i will construct dataset from file
    which is stored in local disk(file format part 10)..So when iam sending
    it to remote server,,Should i need to remove File Meta Information?? or
    send it with filemetainformation..

    Regards

  2. Re: File Meta Information

    msgurikar@eudoramail.com wrote:

    > When we implement Storage SCU class, I will construct dataset from file
    > which is stored in local disk(file format part 10)..So when iam sending
    > it to remote server,,Should i need to remove File Meta Information?? or
    > send it with filemetainformation..

    Always remove the meta information before sending it using the network
    protocol.

    Another way to look at this from an implementation perspective is
    to filter by the group number of the elements when sending.

    The group 0x0000 elements are command elements and are only used
    in the DIMSE commands and never stored on media.

    The group 0x0002 elements are meta information and are never sent
    on the network.

    Indeed, apart from the command, nothing less than group 0x0008
    elements should ever be seen on the network.

    That includes the DICOMDIR specific group 0x0004 elements, since DICOMDIRs
    cannot be transferred this way.

    I include in that any odd numbered groups less than 0x0008. Though
    the standard does not specifically call out that odd-numbered groups less
    than 0x0008 are illegal on the network, it probably should. In
    PS 3.10 7.1 it is specifically stated that "Elements with Tags (0001,xxxx),
    (0003,xxxx), (0005,xxxx), and (0007,xxxx) shall not be used for Media
    Interchange.".

    David

  3. Re: File Meta Information

    Thank you.

  4. Re: File Meta Information

    Hello David,

    Need your help for getting some information.

    In the link File Meta Information
    You have written the following.
    The group 0x0002 elements are meta information and are never sent
    on the network.
    Please let me know if I want to change the value of 0x0002, 0x0002 and send it over network for C-Store, how should I do the same. If they are not sent on network then whatever changes I make will not go to the SCP?

    Thanks,
    Regards,
    Lalit.

+ Reply to Thread