This is a discussion on [ANN] Escape Medical Viewer v3.0 for Mac and Windows released - DICOM ; [[ This message was both posted and mailed: see the "To," "Cc," and "Newsgroups" headers for details. ]] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE --------------------- Thessaloniki, Greece - 8 December, 2004 Escape releases Escape Medical Viewer v3.0 for Mac and Windows Escape Information ...
[[ This message was both posted and mailed: see
the "To," "Cc," and "Newsgroups" headers for details. ]]
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thessaloniki, Greece - 8 December, 2004
Escape releases Escape Medical Viewer v3.0 for Mac and Windows
Escape Information Services (http://www.escape.gr) announced today the
immediate availability of Escape Medical Viewer (EMV) v3.0 for MacOS
and Windows. EMV is the fast, lightweight, easy-to-use, cross-platform
viewer, anonymizer and converter of DICOM and common images for Classic
MacOS, MacOS X and Windows.
- What's new in EMV 3
* Presentation of image sequences in user-definable grid
* User-controlled on-image presentation of patient demographics,
image location, measurement scale, etc
* Calibration of uncalibrated images
* Support for DICOM overlays
* Smoothing (bicubic interpolation) in enlarged image view
* Faster opening of images
* Very fast handling of large sequences and DICOM CD-ROMs
* Tools for adding and handling user objects(measurements, eraser
rectangle, text annotations, arrows)
* User selected tool scope: changes can affect only the current
frame or the entire sequence
* Pixel density measurements (Hounsfield units on CT)
* Alternative colorizations of grayscale images
* Batch exporting: frame, sequence, series, study, patient, all
* Batch anonymizing: file, sequence, series, study, patient, all
* Support for non-square pixels (pixel aspect ratio other than 1:1)
* Mask frame subtraction (useful for XA)
* Multilingual interface (English and French at this moment)
* Fragmented image support
* Opens the following images types:
- DICOM 3.0 and older ACR/NEMA, single and multi-frame;
compressed (lossy JPEG; lossless JPEG; RLE) or uncompressed transfer
syntaxes; indexed, Direct, RGB, 8/10/12/16 bit grayscale, YBR_FULL
- QuickTime image formats (JPEG, TIFF, GIF, Photoshop, PNG,
PICT, FlashPix, etc).
- A folder of DICOM images as patient list.
- Online images (http, ftp, file)
- PDF files on MacOS X
* Offers tools for:
- Powerful zoom, fit, rotate, flip, slice/frame navigation,
- Window/level adjustment for grayscale DICOM.
- Brightness/contrast adjustment for all other files.
- Copy to clipboard (for pasting into other applications).
- Images and sequences to all QuickTime supported image and
movie formats (JPEG, PNG, PICT, Photoshop, TIFF, QuickTime movie, AVI,
MPEG 4 or DV Streams, etc). All available QuickTime compression options
- Cropping on export: images and sequences can be cropped to a
rectangular, user-drawn ROI, e.g. to exclude sensitive burnt-in text.
Download EMV: http://www.escape.gr/dicom/emv/download.html
Download QuickTime: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/
Escape Information Services, based in Thessaloniki, Greece, develops
software for QuickTime-based imaging, multimedia and medical imaging
for MacOS, Windows and MacOS X.