SCU Implementation - DICOM

This is a discussion on SCU Implementation - DICOM ; HI, If i implement dicom SCU, i just need to connect to server and send data. Suppose if iam implementing storage commitment service, in this case SCU connects and sends N-Action and closes connection. If SCP has to send N-Event-Report ...

  1. SCU Implementation

    HI,
    If i implement dicom SCU, i just need to connect to server and send
    data. Suppose if iam implementing storage commitment service, in this
    case SCU connects and sends N-Action and closes connection. If SCP has
    to send N-Event-Report it has to connect to SCU, in that case SCU has
    to lisetn. So does it mean we need to implement both client &
    server(connect & listen) on both sides SCU & SCP..

    Regards

  2. Re: SCU Implementation

    > If i implement dicom SCU, i just need to connect to server and send
    > data. Suppose if iam implementing storage commitment service, in this
    > case SCU connects and sends N-Action and closes connection. If SCP has
    > to send N-Event-Report it has to connect to SCU, in that case SCU has
    > to lisetn. So does it mean we need to implement both client &
    > server(connect & listen) on both sides SCU & SCP..

    Yes, exactly. A storage commitment SCU needs to be able to both initiate
    and accept associations, and it needs to support SCP/SCU role
    negotiation because the "second" association is initiated by the SCP and
    not the SCU as usual in DICOM.

    Regards,
    Marco Eichelberg
    OFFIS