Part 14, PACS and monitor question - DICOM

This is a discussion on Part 14, PACS and monitor question - DICOM ; Hi! I have a monitor that complies to PART 14. Does that mean that the PACS also have to do that? I have a EIZO R12 monitor and a IMPAX 4.5. The conformance statement for the IMPAX does not mention ...

  1. Part 14, PACS and monitor question

    Hi!
    I have a monitor that complies to PART 14. Does that mean that the
    PACS also have to do that?

    I have a EIZO R12 monitor and a IMPAX 4.5.
    The conformance statement for the IMPAX does not mention anything
    about GSDF.

    Thanks for Your input!
    /tomas, Sweden

  2. Re: Part 14, PACS and monitor question

    tomas moberg wrote:
    > I have a monitor that complies to PART 14. Does that mean that the
    > PACS also have to do that?
    > I have a EIZO R12 monitor and a IMPAX 4.5.

    A monitor as such cannot comply to DICOM Part 14 (GSDF). The combination
    of monitor, graphics board and device driver can. (Note: An exception
    would be LCD displays with digital input, where GSDF conformance could
    indeed be implemented on the display alone).

    If the GSDF is implemented in hardware (LUT in the RAMDAC of the
    graphics board), there is nothing special to do for the application
    once the GSDF calibration procedure has been performed. The application
    will display images the same way as on non-calibrated display systems,
    the difference being that you should now be able to distinguish
    more shades of gray than before calibration.

    Regards,
    Marco Eichelberg
    OFFIS

  3. Re: Part 14, PACS and monitor question

    Dear,

    Which monitor is good for PACS and tele Monitor BARCO CORONIS 3MP

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3867730990 or
    Planar DOME C3

    Coronis 3MP offers medical professionals a highly accurate solution for
    a host of medical imaging applications including PACS (Picture
    Archiving and Communications Systems), CT Scanning or CAT Scan
    (Computed Tomography), MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging), Angiography
    and Chest Radiology.

+ Reply to Thread