Info - DICOM

This is a discussion on Info - DICOM ; Mr Clark, Iīm doing a research project with ortho implants, and I require to measure its stability in the bone when are placed in. I donīt have Digital X rays, just a conventional X ray machine, so I have a ...

  1. Info

    Mr Clark, Iīm doing a research project with ortho implants, and I
    require to measure its stability in the bone when are placed in.
    I donīt have Digital X rays, just a conventional X ray machine, so I
    have a question...Is possible to digitalize a conventional periapical
    X ray and convert this file in a DICOM file?
    Thanks a lot for your help...
    Jorge Calderon
    Mexico city

  2. Re: Info

    Hello, Jorge

    This is a fairly common use case, and the answer is "yes". This use
    would typically create a Secondary Capture image object, and there are
    many commercially available products that will do this. Perhaps the
    most important issue in creating a DICOM object is correctly capturing
    and encoding the meta-information about the image and the imaging
    procedure.

    Harry Solomon
    GE Healthcare

+ Reply to Thread