Get and manipulate pixels of Dicom Image - DICOM

This is a discussion on Get and manipulate pixels of Dicom Image - DICOM ; Hello, I try to get the pixels of Dicom Image using code I have finded here but I don't understand the way values of pixels are got, and how manipulate them so that I can create a new dicom file ...

  1. Get and manipulate pixels of Dicom Image

    Hello, I try to get the pixels of Dicom Image using code I have finded
    here but I don't understand the way values of pixels are got, and how
    manipulate them so that I can create a new dicom file with the
    modified image using different tags.

    this is my code :

    DcmFileFormat fileformat;
    OFCondition status = fileformat.loadFile("c:\\image.dcm");

    if (status.good())
    {
    DcmDataset *dataset = fileformat.getDataset();
    int length;
    length = rows * cols ; //get
    with tags
    short* pixels = (short *) malloc(length * 2);
    Uint16 * p = NULL;
    short * pixelPtr = pixels;
    status = dataset->findAndGetUint16Array(DCM_PixelData, p);

    for(int i = 0; i < length; i++) *(pixelPtr++) = *(p++);
    }

    Now I want to modify value of pixels, can you give me an example ? is
    it the same way to get pixels values with RGB image (only tags change
    samples per pixel...).

    Please, give me some examples to manipulate the pixels values and send
    these new values in the new dataset of another dicom file!

    sylvain

  2. Re: Get and manipulate pixels of Dicom Image

    hi sylvain
    i am also working on DICOM. i don't know abt your question but i have a
    problem like that of yours. if you could help me in that respect. i
    want to compare bmp image format with that of DICOM image format that
    would be obviously in terms of pixels etc. do you know how to get
    information about DICOM image format.
    thanx

+ Reply to Thread