Chinese character sets, was Re: Problem with Latin-1 character set in French - DICOM

This is a discussion on Chinese character sets, was Re: Problem with Latin-1 character set in French - DICOM ; >Already done. >See CP 252: > ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/final/cp252_ft.pdf >You now have UTF-8 (which can be used for any country) >and GB18030 for where it is required or for Chinese glyphs not >representable in Unicode. >I have some test images using these ...

  1. Chinese character sets, was Re: Problem with Latin-1 character set in French

    >Already done.

    >See CP 252:

    >ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/final/cp252_ft.pdf

    >You now have UTF-8 (which can be used for any country)
    >and GB18030 for where it is required or for Chinese glyphs not
    >representable in Unicode.

    >I have some test images using these (and other) character
    >sets on my web site at:

    >http://www.dclunie.com/images/charset/

    >I regularly use these and other character sets with Java and
    >it works very well. See for example the viewer for the NEMA
    >MR Multiframe project which handles all internationalized
    >character sets in DICOM images:

    >ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/MRMultiframe/

    >The underlying Java DICOM toolkit documentation and
    >source for this will be available shortly.

    >david

    Hi, is MRMultiframe open source?

  2. Re: Chinese character sets, was Re: Problem with Latin-1 characterset in French

    pingyingtu wrote:
    > Hi, is MRMultiframe open source?

    Yes.

    The display and validation code is in the pixelmed toolkit and
    the images are on the NEMA web site.

    David

+ Reply to Thread