Character Sets - DICOM

This is a discussion on Character Sets - DICOM ; >I have revised the examples of various different character >sets in DICOM image objects: > http://dclunie.com/images/charsettests.20030219.tar.gz >to include the Unicode (UTF-8) and Chinese (GB18030) >character sets, as described in the LB text of CP252: > ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/cp/cp252_lb.pdf >david Hi, I have ...

  1. Character Sets

    >I have revised the examples of various different character
    >sets in DICOM image objects:

    > http://dclunie.com/images/charsettests.20030219.tar.gz

    >to include the Unicode (UTF-8) and Chinese (GB18030)
    >character sets, as described in the LB text of CP252:

    > ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/cp/cp252_lb.pdf

    >david

    Hi,
    I have download the charsettest20030219.tar.gz. I use some DICOM
    viewers (base on windows XP) to view these DICOM images, and the
    Patient's name in different viewers are not the same.
    Dose you have any suggest viewer for view these charset images?

    I see two images are encoding by Japanese, and (0008,0005) is
    multivalued.
    In DICOM2004 Chapter 5, DICOM supports Code Extension techniques if
    the Attribute Specific Character Set (0008,0005) is multivalued.

  2. Re: Character Sets

    Hi

    I created a (relatively crude) screen shot of what these
    patient names should look like, that may be sufficient
    to tell whether or not the characters are being rendered
    correctly. See:

    http://dclunie.com/images/charset/ch...screenshot.jpg

    These are as rendered by the DicomImageViewer test code in
    the PixelMed Java DICOM toolkit, and are correct as far as
    I can tell.

    I would be very interested to know which viewers can and cannot
    render some or all of these correctly.

    David

    PS. The URL for the set of images is:

    http://dclunie.com/images/charset/ch...0030219.tar.gz

    pingyingtu wrote:

    >>I have revised the examples of various different character
    >>sets in DICOM image objects:

    >>http://dclunie.com/images/charsettests.20030219.tar.gz

    >>to include the Unicode (UTF-8) and Chinese (GB18030)
    >>character sets, as described in the LB text of CP252:

    >>ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/cp/cp252_lb.pdf

    >>david

    > Hi,
    > I have download the charsettest20030219.tar.gz. I use some DICOM
    > viewers (base on windows XP) to view these DICOM images, and the
    > Patient's name in different viewers are not the same.
    > Dose you have any suggest viewer for view these charset images?
    >
    > I see two images are encoding by Japanese, and (0008,0005) is
    > multivalued.
    > In DICOM2004 Chapter 5, DICOM supports Code Extension techniques if
    > the Attribute Specific Character Set (0008,0005) is multivalued.

  3. Re: Character Sets

    We've recently rewritten our Digital Jacket 4.0 Pro application to
    handle the reading and writing of all the character sets in David's
    example DICOM files, including Unicode support.

    A screenshot showing the representation of each of these, along with
    Digital Jacket's supported encoding formats can be found at:

    ftp://ftp.desacc.com/charset_test.jpg

    We will be introducing this version of Digital Jacket at RSNA 2004,
    but prior to that a beta copy can be downloaded for evaluation, and a
    demo code can be requested from:

    http://www.desacc.com/downloads/index.html

    Hugh

    ------------------------------
    Hugh Lyshkow
    DesAcc, Inc.
    801 W. Adams St.
    Chicago IL 60607
    1 (312) 930-5617
    hlyshkow@desacc.com
    http://www.desacc.com
    ------------------------------

  4. Re: Character Sets

    hlyshkow@desacc.com (Hugh Lyshkow) wrote in message news:<5f876499.0411160902.4e31c758@posting.google.com>...
    > We've recently rewritten our Digital Jacket 4.0 Pro application to
    > handle the reading and writing of all the character sets in David's
    > example DICOM files, including Unicode support.
    >
    > A screenshot showing the representation of each of these, along with
    > Digital Jacket's supported encoding formats can be found at:
    >
    > ftp://ftp.desacc.com/charset_test.jpg
    >
    > We will be introducing this version of Digital Jacket at RSNA 2004,
    > but prior to that a beta copy can be downloaded for evaluation, and a
    > demo code can be requested from:
    >
    > http://www.desacc.com/downloads/index.html
    >
    > Hugh
    >
    > ------------------------------
    > Hugh Lyshkow
    > DesAcc, Inc.
    > 801 W. Adams St.
    > Chicago IL 60607
    > 1 (312) 930-5617
    > hlyshkow@desacc.com
    > http://www.desacc.com

    Hi,
    Thanks, I have download, and wait for reg key.

+ Reply to Thread