Gating and PACS servers Info - DICOM

This is a discussion on Gating and PACS servers Info - DICOM ; 1. As a developer of an application that is capable of segmenting cardiac*series I am looking for*exact attributes' specification of ECG and respiration gating within DICOM3 standard. I failed to find those, did you have better luck? if so, where? ...

  1. Gating and PACS servers Info

    1. As a developer of an application that is capable of segmenting
    cardiac*series I am looking for*exact attributes' specification of ECG
    and
    respiration gating within DICOM3 standard. I failed to find those, did
    you have better luck? if so, where?
    2. I am looking for an official DICOM3 PACS server application in
    which I could
    perform simple integration testing. Any recommendation?
    Thanks
    Assaf

  2. Re: Gating and PACS servers Info

    Assaf Preiss wrote:

    > 1. As a developer of an application that is capable of segmenting
    > cardiac series I am looking for exact attributes' specification of ECG
    > and
    > respiration gating within DICOM3 standard. I failed to find those, did
    > you have better luck? if so, where?

    It is very difficult to determine exactly which attributes (standard
    and private) the various CT and MR vendors use to encode such information.

    I have always had to relay heavily on private attributes to figure this
    out, and never really been too sure which ones to use from model to
    model.

    I can only suggest that you look for patterns in the datasets that you
    have that match what you see in the images, and go from there.

    Hopefully the new CT and MR enhanced multiframe objects are better
    defined in this regard, and modality vendors will make use of the
    standard attributes, or agree to add more standard attributes as
    new situations arise.

    David

+ Reply to Thread