GE DICOM File - DICOM

This is a discussion on GE DICOM File - DICOM ; Hello: I apologize in advance for what is probably a stupid question. We have a GE ProSpeed CT scanner and are interested in doing some Perfusion CT studies using data from it. We are able to get the data off ...

  1. GE DICOM File

    Hello:

    I apologize in advance for what is probably a stupid question. We have
    a GE ProSpeed CT scanner and are interested in doing some Perfusion CT
    studies using data from it. We are able to get the data off the
    scanner and onto a PC, but the format doesn't seem to be "standard"
    DICOM. I can open the image in ezDICOM and it reads just fine, but I
    cannot open it in most other DICOM viewers. When I open it in XMedCon,
    it looks fine and I can then export it to DICOM format, but
    unfortunately XMedCon automatically saves all DICOM files as NM
    (nuclear med) format, so it then cannot be read by the software we
    want to use (which expects CT format data). Does anyone out there know
    what it is about the GE ProSpeed format that makes it non-compliant,
    and if there is software available to "fix" the data so that it is
    more standard?

    Thanks for any help!
    Dan Fletcher

  2. Re: GE DICOM File

    Bonjour Dan,

    Some versions of the GE ProSpeed do create DICOM images with a few
    problems in them

    If you can't get Ge to fix the bugs, you can always use our software
    DICOMatic. DICOMatic can be used to fix most of the known DICOM bugs
    and compression problems...

    You can download it from our web site at www.TomoVision.com and try it
    out.

    Merci,

    Yves Martel

    On 13 Nov 2004 15:29:25 -0800, google@danfletcher.net (Dan Fletcher)
    wrote:

    >Hello:
    >
    >I apologize in advance for what is probably a stupid question. We have
    >a GE ProSpeed CT scanner and are interested in doing some Perfusion CT
    >studies using data from it. We are able to get the data off the
    >scanner and onto a PC, but the format doesn't seem to be "standard"
    >DICOM. I can open the image in ezDICOM and it reads just fine, but I
    >cannot open it in most other DICOM viewers. When I open it in XMedCon,
    >it looks fine and I can then export it to DICOM format, but
    >unfortunately XMedCon automatically saves all DICOM files as NM
    >(nuclear med) format, so it then cannot be read by the software we
    >want to use (which expects CT format data). Does anyone out there know
    >what it is about the GE ProSpeed format that makes it non-compliant,
    >and if there is software available to "fix" the data so that it is
    >more standard?
    >
    >Thanks for any help!
    >Dan Fletcher

+ Reply to Thread