DICOM Print SCU ! - DICOM

This is a discussion on DICOM Print SCU ! - DICOM ; Hello, as said in past messages, I'm trying to code a Print SCU for my viewer DICOM. Using the DCMTK, some questions stay without answers for me so I need your help, please! 1) When we call the printer to ...

  1. DICOM Print SCU !

    Hello, as said in past messages, I'm trying to code a Print SCU for my
    viewer DICOM.

    Using the DCMTK, some questions stay without answers for me so I need
    your help, please!

    1) When we call the printer to print, in the dcmprscu code, we call
    the function SpoolStoredPrintFile, but this function which realizes
    all operations of printing (from negociation with printer to N-ACTION
    and finish with release association) is called for each param (Stored
    Print Object) passed in the command line dcmprscu.
    So what does a Basic Film Session represent exactly in this command
    line because for each Stored Print Object to print, we create a Basic
    Film Session.

    2)Next question, I have started the command line dcmpsprt with
    multiple images dicom, and it creates one Stored Print Object and
    multiples HG images, which is logical but isn't the definition of a
    Basic Film Box with multiples Image Box ?
    The problem is when I show the number of Images Box in my Stored Print
    Object using always the dcmprscu, it's 1!

    So what does represent a Basic Film Box in the dcmprscu code ?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: DICOM Print SCU !

    Sylvain wrote:
    > So what does a Basic Film Session represent exactly in this command
    > line because for each Stored Print Object to print, we create a Basic
    > Film Session.

    A Basic Film Session represents a number of attributes that may apply
    to one or more film boxes, i.e. number of copies, priority of the print
    job, the tray into which the print job should be sorted etc.
    A film session may also serve as a "bracket" that defines a grouping
    of film boxes, i.e. you can force the print server to print several
    pages in several "sorted" copies by issueing the N-ACTION command
    in the context of a film session. Not all printers support that,
    and dcmprscu does not either.

    > 2)Next question, I have started the command line dcmpsprt with
    > multiple images dicom, and it creates one Stored Print Object and
    > multiples HG images, which is logical but isn't the definition of a
    > Basic Film Box with multiples Image Box ?

    As posted before, a Stored Print object roughly corresponds to a
    basic film box, but also stores the content of a number of other
    objects such as some attributes of the basic image box, basic
    annotation box, presentation LUT.
    A Hardcopy Grayscale image contains a single pre-formatted image
    that can be used in the context of one image box.

    Regards,
    Marco Eichelberg
    OFFIS

  3. Re: DICOM Print SCU !

    A Hardcopy Grayscale image contains a single pre-formatted image
    that can be used in the context of one image box.

    > Marco Eichelberg
    > OFFIS

    --> I agree with you, but it seems to me that if I use dcmpsprt with
    more various files dic which for me contain the image(s) box(es), the
    stored print object created shall contain reference of all my dic
    files (hardcopies grayscale created in fact) passed in arguments of
    the command line. I think the index file (index.dat) updated or
    created refers to the stored print object and its hardcopies linked
    with the stored print object.

    So sorry for not understanding but it seems to be an essential notion,
    normally, if I "print" a Message Box with the argument of number of
    Images of my stored print object, it should indicates the number of
    dic filed (hardcopies grayscale created in fact) passed in arguments
    of my dcmpsprt command line which serves to create my stored print
    object.

    sylvain

  4. Re: DICOM Print SCU !

    Sylvain wrote:
    > --> I agree with you, but it seems to me that if I use dcmpsprt with
    > more various files dic which for me contain the image(s) box(es), the
    > stored print object created shall contain reference of all my dic
    > files (hardcopies grayscale created in fact) passed in arguments of
    > the command line.

    That depends on the page layout (i.e. the value of the
    ImageDisplayFormat attribute). The number of image references is
    limited by the number of image boxes of the film box (i.e. page).

    Regards,
    Marco Eichelberg

  5. Re: DICOM Print SCU !

    Great, Thanks a lot for all your answers!

    Marco Eichelberg wrote in message news:...
    > Sylvain wrote:
    > > --> I agree with you, but it seems to me that if I use dcmpsprt with
    > > more various files dic which for me contain the image(s) box(es), the
    > > stored print object created shall contain reference of all my dic
    > > files (hardcopies grayscale created in fact) passed in arguments of
    > > the command line.

    > That depends on the page layout (i.e. the value of the
    > ImageDisplayFormat attribute). The number of image references is
    > limited by the number of image boxes of the film box (i.e. page).
    >
    > Regards,
    > Marco Eichelberg

+ Reply to Thread