Where to store specifc fields when are not defined in the IOD ? - DICOM

This is a discussion on Where to store specifc fields when are not defined in the IOD ? - DICOM ; Hi, We are developing an intravascular mri catheter. With this catheter we perform an mri scan from the coronary arthery looking from lipid pool. I am reading and re-reading the chapter 3 of the DICOM protocol looking for a suitable ...

  1. Where to store specifc fields when are not defined in the IOD ?

    Hi,

    We are developing an intravascular mri catheter.
    With this catheter we perform an mri scan from the coronary arthery
    looking from lipid pool.

    I am reading and re-reading the chapter 3 of the DICOM protocol
    looking for a suitable IOD and I don't find one.

    The closer is the MRI-IOD but I have the problem that there are
    several (10 or 12) fields which we use to characterize the lesion
    we're scanning which I don't know where to put them in the MRI-IOD.

    What is suppoused to do in this cases ? (except for praying :-)

    Thanx
    Daniel

  2. Re: Where to store specifc fields when are not defined in the IOD?

    Hi Daniel

    Use could use your own private tags, or we could extend the
    standard.

    Can you list and describe the fields that you are trying to
    encode, and perhaps we can suggest what standard attributes
    to use, or add new attributes to the standard for you.

    David

    Daniel wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > We are developing an intravascular mri catheter.
    > With this catheter we perform an mri scan from the coronary arthery
    > looking from lipid pool.
    >
    > I am reading and re-reading the chapter 3 of the DICOM protocol
    > looking for a suitable IOD and I don't find one.
    >
    > The closer is the MRI-IOD but I have the problem that there are
    > several (10 or 12) fields which we use to characterize the lesion
    > we're scanning which I don't know where to put them in the MRI-IOD.
    >
    > What is suppoused to do in this cases ? (except for praying :-)
    >
    > Thanx
    > Daniel

+ Reply to Thread