Hi.

We've developed a DICOM Print SCU application that prints medical
images to DICOM printers. The application always sends to the DICOM
printer one image per sheet, since it composes by itself the required
layout. Hence, the SCU normally sends to the printer an "Image Display
Format" parameter set to "STANDARD\1,1".

We've discovered that on Agfa Drystar 2000 and 3000, the
"STANDARD\1,1" parameter does not allow a complete exploitation of the
printable area on the sheet of film, since these Drystar printers, by
default, reserve some space on the top and bottom of the sheet for
text annotations. We've also discovered that we can obtain a full
exploitation of the printable area by using an "Image Display Format"
parameter set to "CUSTOM\XXXX", where XXXX is a number which depends
on the particular printer model and the film format / orientation (see
DICOM Conformance Statement of the specific Drystar model).

Now we are facing a similar problem with the Agfa Drystar 4500: also
in this case, it seems that using "STANDARD\1,1" does not allow a full
exploitation of the printable area on the sheet of film. But, in this
case, the DICOM Conformance Statement of the Drystar 4500 does not
provide any information about "CUSTOM" layouts... We do not send any
"Annotations" to the DICOM Printer, but we can't obtain a full
exploitation of the printable area anyway...

Any help or suggestions about how to solve this problem would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you and best regards,

Marco.