need help regarding to MR multiframe... - DICOM

This is a discussion on need help regarding to MR multiframe... - DICOM ; Hi, all. I am currently working on "New MR Image Objects"-DICOM Supplement 49 Has anybody seen a tool saving multiple slices MR images into a MR multiframe file? thanks, Jin....

  1. need help regarding to MR multiframe...

    Hi, all.

    I am currently working on "New MR Image Objects"-DICOM Supplement 49

    Has anybody seen a tool saving multiple slices MR images into a MR multiframe file?

    thanks,
    Jin.

  2. Re: need help regarding to MR multiframe...

    kimjinh@iit.edu (Jin.H Kim) wrote in message news:<998dd464.0411011136.6349086f@posting.google.com>...

    > I am currently working on "New MR Image Objects"-DICOM Supplement 49
    >
    > Has anybody seen a tool saving multiple slices MR images into a MR multiframe file?

    It is difficult to take existing single frame MR images and convert
    them automatically into the new Enhanced MR Multiframe images, since
    there is a lot of mandatory information that is not present in
    standard attributes in the old objects.

    However, much of it is included in vendors' private attributes, if you
    know what to look for.

    I use the antodc utility in my dicom3tools to extract some standard
    from private attributes, and them dcmulti to make them into multiframe
    objects; however, I do this on a case-by-case basis and then manually
    add or repair (with the -r option) anything that is missing or
    incorrect.

    Note that neither antodc or dcmulti are very robust, and both make
    many heuristics and assumptions that are valid only under constrained
    (and undocumented) circumstances.

    Or in other words, they are absolutely not for production or clinical
    use, but rather only for making experimental and test objects.

    David

    PS. Do not under any circumstances use Sup 49 as your reference; there
    have been many, many corrections made since as well as changes made in
    Sup 58; you should be using the 2004 edition of the standard as your
    reference.

    PPS. The sample MR images and test tool on the NEMA web site have been
    updated recently.

+ Reply to Thread