Parsing VM from the pdf files - DICOM

This is a discussion on Parsing VM from the pdf files - DICOM ; Hello, I am trying to parse the DICOM dictionary from: http://medical.nema.org/dicom/2004/04_06PU.PDF And I wanted to double check with you if I was correct when reading the VM 1. "0070 0022 FL 2-n Graphic Data" "300a 00be DS 3-n Leaf Position ...

  1. Parsing VM from the pdf files

    Hello,

    I am trying to parse the DICOM dictionary from:

    http://medical.nema.org/dicom/2004/04_06PU.PDF

    And I wanted to double check with you if I was correct when reading the VM

    1. "0070 0022 FL 2-n Graphic Data"
    "300a 00be DS 3-n Leaf Position Boundaries"

    Does this means there could be a none multiple number for those
    groups (usually the VM is either 2-2n or 3-3m) ?

    2. "0088 0912 LO 1-32 Topic Keywords"
    "3006 00c6 DS 16 Frame of Reference Transformation Matrix"
    "2040 0011 US 1-99 Referenced Overlay Plane Groups"

    The 32 and 16 looks ok, but the 99 is a bit odd, is this really meant ?

    Thanks
    Mathieu

  2. Re: Parsing VM from the pdf files

    Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

    > "0070 0022 FL 2-n Graphic Data"

    In my opinion the VM of Graphic Data (0070,0022) should be 2-2n since
    this attribute stores two-dimensional coordinates, i.e. a sequence of
    value pairs (x,y).

    Unfortunately, I cannot say anything to the other attributes since I
    never used them. You should probably take a look into part 3 where
    these attributes are used and usually explained in more detail.
    Nevertheless, as far as I know Referenced Overlay Plane Groups
    (2040,0011) has been retired from the corresponding module.

    Regards,
    Joerg Riesmeier
    OFFIS

+ Reply to Thread