What is the best Toolkit ? - DICOM

This is a discussion on What is the best Toolkit ? - DICOM ; Hi, I am developing an application that performs a particular study. At the end I need to store this study and I undertand DICOM is the answer. We are developing under Windows XP and the target will be XPEmbbedded. Our ...

  1. What is the best Toolkit ?

    Hi,

    I am developing an application that performs a particular study.
    At the end I need to store this study and I undertand DICOM is the
    answer.
    We are developing under Windows XP and the target will be XPEmbbedded.

    Our purpose is at first just create a dicom file (I understand there
    is something called dicomdir also) and in the future to be able to
    store the study result in the pacs of the hospital.

    I heard about LeadTools and MyDicom.

    Suggestions :-) ?

    thnx
    Daniel

  2. Re: What is the best Toolkit ?

    I would suggest you read the Medical Image Format FAQ at www.dclunie.com
    where many toolkits and resources are referenced. I don't think that
    there is a "best toolkit". It comes down to what you need for your
    particular project, in terms of service, price, programming language and OS.

    Regards,
    Marco Eichelberg

  3. Re: What is the best Toolkit ?

    Thanks Marco.

    I know www.dclunie.com is one of the famous site's for DICOM but I did
    not find any reference to a toolkit. Sorry but can you point them out
    please.

    Our project is being developed in C# .NET and the target OS is Win XP
    Embbedded. The price could range from U$S 0 to U$S 8K.

    We develop an intravascular mri for which we want to be able to
    generate a DICOM "file" and to be able in the future to communicate
    with the PACS of the Hospital.

    With this parameters perhaps now you can suggest a specific toolkit.

    Thanks again,

    Daniel

    Marco Eichelberg wrote in message news:...
    > Daniel wrote:
    > > Suggestions :-) ?

    > I would suggest you read the Medical Image Format FAQ at www.dclunie.com
    > where many toolkits and resources are referenced. I don't think that
    > there is a "best toolkit". It comes down to what you need for your
    > particular project, in terms of service, price, programming language and OS.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Marco Eichelberg

  4. Re: What is the best Toolkit ?

    Daniel wrote:

    > I know www.dclunie.com is one of the famous site's for
    > DICOM but I did not find any reference to a toolkit.

    http://www.dclunie.com/medical-image...ml#DICOMCSharp

    Regards,
    Joerg Riesmeier
    OFFIS

  5. Re: What is the best Toolkit ?

    dgepp@hotmail.com (Daniel) wrote in message news:<65750299.0411012322.3e04545d@posting.google.com>...
    > Thanks Marco.
    >
    > I know www.dclunie.com is one of the famous site's for DICOM but I did
    > not find any reference to a toolkit. Sorry but can you point them out
    > please.

    The specific reference is:

    http://www.dclunie.com/medical-image...#DICOMToolkits

    > We develop an intravascular mri for which we want to be able to
    > generate a DICOM "file" and to be able in the future to communicate
    > with the PACS of the Hospital.

    As well as choosing a toolkit, you will need to define the appropriate
    IOD in which to store your images ... it would be interesting to see
    what is most appropriate for "intravascular" rather than ordinary MRI.

    Regardless, when you do start making objects you must VALIDATE them to
    make sure that you are encoding them correctly; this is an important
    step that most vendors new to DICOM do not do, which is a shame since
    they inevitably encode objects incorrectly to start with.

    > With this parameters perhaps now you can suggest a specific toolkit.

    I doubt that you are going to get someone else to make this choice for
    you; rather you should evaluate several and make up your own mind.

    David

  6. Re: What is the best Toolkit ?

    Thanks for your help !!!

    We are developing an intravascular mri catheter.
    With this catheter we perform an mri scan from the coronary arthery
    looking from lipid pool.

    I am reading and re-reading the chapter 3 of the DICOM protocol
    looking for a suitable IOD and I don't find one.

    The closer is the MRI-IOD but I have the problem that there are
    several (10 or 12) fields which we use to characterize the lesion
    we're scanning which I don't know where to put them in the MRI-IOD.

    What is suppoused to do in this cases ? (except for praying :-)

    Thanx
    Daniel

    dclunie@dclunie.com (David Clunie) wrote in message news:...
    > dgepp@hotmail.com (Daniel) wrote in message news:<65750299.0411012322.3e04545d@posting.google.com>...
    > > Thanks Marco.
    > >
    > > I know www.dclunie.com is one of the famous site's for DICOM but I did
    > > not find any reference to a toolkit. Sorry but can you point them out
    > > please.

    > The specific reference is:
    >
    > http://www.dclunie.com/medical-image...#DICOMToolkits
    >
    > > We develop an intravascular mri for which we want to be able to
    > > generate a DICOM "file" and to be able in the future to communicate
    > > with the PACS of the Hospital.

    > As well as choosing a toolkit, you will need to define the appropriate
    > IOD in which to store your images ... it would be interesting to see
    > what is most appropriate for "intravascular" rather than ordinary MRI.
    >
    > Regardless, when you do start making objects you must VALIDATE them to
    > make sure that you are encoding them correctly; this is an important
    > step that most vendors new to DICOM do not do, which is a shame since
    > they inevitably encode objects incorrectly to start with.
    >
    > > With this parameters perhaps now you can suggest a specific toolkit.

    > I doubt that you are going to get someone else to make this choice for
    > you; rather you should evaluate several and make up your own mind.
    >
    > David

+ Reply to Thread