UDI - DICOM

This is a discussion on UDI - DICOM ; HI all, If i create a dicom image encapsualting endoscopy image with JPEG compression applied to pixel data..What will be the SOP class UID?? Is it SOP UID of JPEG or SOP UID of Endoscopy?? If it is JPEG,then how ...

  1. UDI

    HI all,
    If i create a dicom image encapsualting endoscopy image with JPEG
    compression applied to pixel data..What will be the SOP class UID?? Is
    it SOP UID of JPEG or SOP UID of Endoscopy?? If it is JPEG,then how to
    distingush between endoscopy image with JPEG and microscopy image with
    JPEG??..

    Does File Meta information is must when iam storing dicom image to
    local disk??

    Regards

  2. Re: UDI

    SOP Class UID in your case would be 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.77.1.1, if by
    "endoscopy image" you imply "VL Endoscopic Image Storage".
    The way you compress the pixel data should be described by transfer syntax.
    I can't tell you the exact Transfer Syntax UID, since there is several (19
    to be precise) different JPEG compressions and each has its own UID in DICOM
    BTW "microscopy image" has SOP Class UID 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.77.1.2 and
    is called "VL Microscopic Image Storage".

    A quote from P.S 3-10:
    File Meta Information: The File Meta Information includes identifying
    information on the encapsulated Data Set. It is a mandatory header at the
    beginning of every DICOM File.

    "Gurikar" wrote in message
    news:4ba64fe3.0410310429.3d2169e1@posting.google.c om...

    > HI all,
    > If i create a dicom image encapsualting endoscopy image with JPEG
    > compression applied to pixel data..What will be the SOP class UID?? Is
    > it SOP UID of JPEG or SOP UID of Endoscopy?? If it is JPEG,then how to
    > distingush between endoscopy image with JPEG and microscopy image with
    > JPEG??..
    >
    > Does File Meta information is must when iam storing dicom image to
    > local disk??
    >
    > Regards

  3. Re: UDI

    HI Landa,
    Thank you..I got it..I have some dicom files without file meta
    informatio, i mean dataset..In this case how will they identify what
    SOP class and transfer syntax..I feel SOP class ID and transfer syntax
    are mentioned in File Meta Information..

    Thanks & Regards
    "M.Landa" <*nospam*miroslav@optimed-tech.com> wrote in message news:...
    > SOP Class UID in your case would be 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.77.1.1, if by
    > "endoscopy image" you imply "VL Endoscopic Image Storage".
    > The way you compress the pixel data should be described by transfer syntax.
    > I can't tell you the exact Transfer Syntax UID, since there is several (19
    > to be precise) different JPEG compressions and each has its own UID in DICOM
    > BTW "microscopy image" has SOP Class UID 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.77.1.2 and
    > is called "VL Microscopic Image Storage".
    >
    > A quote from P.S 3-10:
    > File Meta Information: The File Meta Information includes identifying
    > information on the encapsulated Data Set. It is a mandatory header at the
    > beginning of every DICOM File.
    >
    > "Gurikar" wrote in message
    > news:4ba64fe3.0410310429.3d2169e1@posting.google.c om...
    >
    > > HI all,
    > > If i create a dicom image encapsualting endoscopy image with JPEG
    > > compression applied to pixel data..What will be the SOP class UID?? Is
    > > it SOP UID of JPEG or SOP UID of Endoscopy?? If it is JPEG,then how to
    > > distingush between endoscopy image with JPEG and microscopy image with
    > > JPEG??..
    > >
    > > Does File Meta information is must when iam storing dicom image to
    > > local disk??
    > >
    > > Regards

+ Reply to Thread