Looking for a modality worklist SCP and some data - DICOM

This is a discussion on Looking for a modality worklist SCP and some data - DICOM ; I'm working on a SCU system and having no end of difficulty finding an SCP along with some good test messages to work with. If anyone can point me to a fairly easy to use and up to date SCP ...

  1. Looking for a modality worklist SCP and some data

    I'm working on a SCU system and having no end of difficulty finding an
    SCP along with some good test messages to work with. If anyone can
    point me to a fairly easy to use and up to date SCP I'd be most
    gratefull.

    Thanks,
    Sigfried Trent
    Mammography Reporting Systems

  2. Re: Looking for a modality worklist SCP and some data

    Sigfried,

    DCMTK runs on many platforms and includes a command line tool called
    wlmscpfs, a modality worklist mananagement SCP. See
    http://dicom.offis.de for details. You will find the programm in the
    dcmtk-3.5.3\dcmwlm\apps folder. The tool also contains test data you can
    use, see dcmtk-3.5.3\dcmwlm\wlistdb\README file.

    DCMTK also contains an SCU which can be used to send C-Find RQ messages
    in a worklist management scenario: findscu. You might want to compare
    your tool to findscu.

    Best regards,
    Thomas Wilkens

  3. Re: Looking for a modality worklist SCP and some data

    Hello,

    This is a old post by Thomas Wilkens hope this helps,

    supposing that you have installed dcmtk352 and are able to run the new
    worklist SCP implementation "wlmscpfs" (which replaces the former "wlistctn"
    application (which may be used analogously in case you have an earlier
    version of dcmtk)) as well as the "findscu" application, do the following:

    1. use dump2dcm to convert all "*.dump" files in dcmtk/dcmwlm/wlistdb/OFFIS
    to "*.wl" files (DICOM format). Note that these files have to have the
    extension "*.wl", otherwise wlmscpfs will not find these files. These files
    represent your worklist database.
    2. use dump2dcm to convert all "*.dump" files in dcmtk/dcmwlm/wlistqry to
    "*.dcm" files (DICOM format). These files represent possible queries that
    can be used to query the worklist database.
    3. in one shell go "wlmscpfs -v -dfp dcmtk/dcmwlm/wlistdb 1234" (start the
    worklist management SCP)
    4. in another shell go "findscu -v --call OFFIS localhost 1234
    dcmtk/dcmwlm/wlistqry/wlistqry0.dcm" (send a certain query to the WLM SCP)

    Step 3 will start the worklist management SCP which will listen on port 1234
    for incoming C-FIND RQ messages. The "-dfp dcmtk/dcmwlm/wlistdb" option
    specifies that the worklist database can be found in folder
    "dcmtk/dcmwlm/wlistdb". Note that the worklist database can be organized in
    different storage areas. Subfolder "OFFIS" below "dcmtk/dcmwlm/wlistdb" is
    one (the only one in this case) storage area. In an incoming C-FIND RQ, an
    SCU has to tell wlmscpfs which storage area shall be queried; this is done
    by sending a certain "called AE title" to wlmscpfs.

    Step 4 will send the query in file "dcmtk/dcmwlm/wlistqry/wlistqry0.dcm"
    using a C-FIND-RQ message to the wlmscpfs application (which is running on
    "localhost" and listening on port "1234"). Option "--call OFFIS" specifies
    that the called AE title is "OFFIS" which in turn tells the wlmscpfs
    application to query the storage area "OFFIS" in its worklist database.

    The two programs should then dump information that shows their internal
    processings (C-FIND RQ - C-FIND RSP). You can also use a different query
    file in folder "dcmtk/dcmwlm/wlistqry/" for querying the worklist database.

    With regards
    Ravindran Padmanabhan.

  4. Re: Looking for a modality worklist SCP and some data

    Thanks very much Thomas! Much appreciated.

    > Sigfried,
    >
    > DCMTK runs on many platforms and includes a command line tool called
    > wlmscpfs, a modality worklist mananagement SCP. See
    > http://dicom.offis.de for details. You will find the programm in the
    > dcmtk-3.5.3\dcmwlm\apps folder. The tool also contains test data you can
    > use, see dcmtk-3.5.3\dcmwlm\wlistdb\README file.
    >
    > DCMTK also contains an SCU which can be used to send C-Find RQ messages
    > in a worklist management scenario: findscu. You might want to compare
    > your tool to findscu.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Thomas Wilkens

+ Reply to Thread