maskframenumbers - DICOM

This is a discussion on maskframenumbers - DICOM ; Dear All, I have a question regarding maskframenumbers: (0028,6110) MaskFrameNumbers I do not understand why is this plural form there. I would say that the mask frame is unique for an image with contrast material. Am I wrong? And, is ...

  1. maskframenumbers

    Dear All,

    I have a question regarding maskframenumbers:

    (0028,6110) MaskFrameNumbers

    I do not understand why is this plural form there. I would say that
    the mask frame is unique for an image with contrast material. Am I
    wrong?

    And, is there any possibility that there are multiple frame numbers in
    this tag?

    Thanks in advance

    - Gergely

  2. Re: maskframenumbers

    Gergely Buday wrote:
    > I have a question regarding maskframenumbers:
    > (0028,6110) MaskFrameNumbers
    > I do not understand why is this plural form there. I would say that
    > the mask frame is unique for an image with contrast material. Am I
    > wrong?

    I think you're wrong. I have never implemented that, but I think there
    are two different ways how a mask can be specified in a DICOM object
    (or a presentation state). You can have exactly one mask frame for each
    image frame (this can be used with multi-frame angiography), or you can
    have a single mask for one or more image frame, and that single mask
    is created by averaging one or more mask frames, possibly along with
    sub-pixel shift.

    The description of the display pipeline in part 4? contains some
    explanatory text on this.

    Regards,
    Marco Eichelberg

+ Reply to Thread