DICOM Print SCU - DICOM

This is a discussion on DICOM Print SCU - DICOM ; Hello! I work on a society which has realizes a Dicom Viewer using dcmtk with some modifications on the images. Now we want to allow the Print Management Service. What etaps do I have to respect and to realize ? ...

  1. DICOM Print SCU

    Hello! I work on a society which has realizes a Dicom Viewer using
    dcmtk with some modifications on the images. Now we want to allow the
    Print Management Service.

    What etaps do I have to respect and to realize ? Are the classes Basic
    Film Session, Basic Film Box, Basic Grayscale and Color Print Image
    Boxes implement in the dcmtk and where are they and how implement them
    ?

    Is it possible to modify the code of dcmprscu and adapt it to an MFC
    Project directly to print, and if yes, are the color print management
    and presentation lut and annotation box defined ?

    Last question, tell me if I'm wrong, but for me I have just to code
    the Print SCU, Print SCP being the printer materiel not ?

    Thank you for all answers.
    Sylvain

  2. Re: DICOM Print SCU

    Sylvain wrote:
    > What etaps do I have to respect and to realize ? Are the classes Basic
    > Film Session, Basic Film Box, Basic Grayscale and Color Print Image
    > Boxes implement in the dcmtk and where are they and how implement them?

    Basic Film Session, Basic Film Box and the Grayscale Image Box are
    supported, along with Presentation LUT and a (simplified) Annotation Box
    that only supports a single annotation per page. No color support,
    no complex annotations. All classes are in module dcmpstat. They are
    mainly intended for use with the DICOMscope viewer, adapting them to
    your tool may or may not be easy.

    An alternative DCMTK based class library named DCMPRINT is also
    available (and does support color), but this is not part of the free
    toolkit. Check our web pages for details (I don't want to advertise
    here, that's considered bad style).

    > Last question, tell me if I'm wrong, but for me I have just to code
    > the Print SCU, Print SCP being the printer materiel not ?

    Correct. Print SCP is implemented on the printer's side of things.

    Regards,
    Marco Eichelberg
    OFFIS

  3. Re: DICOM Print SCU

    Ok thanks.

    I wish you can put the light me on the name of the classes, for
    example Basic Film Session, what's the file which refers to
    (constructor, services etc ?) or maybe and it's what I think, they are
    not refer as classes but include in more complex classes, but tell me
    please where I can found the Basic Film Session whith its arguments
    and its services (name of the file).

    thanks.

    Marco Eichelberg wrote in message news:...
    > Sylvain wrote:
    > > What etaps do I have to respect and to realize ? Are the classes Basic
    > > Film Session, Basic Film Box, Basic Grayscale and Color Print Image
    > > Boxes implement in the dcmtk and where are they and how implement them?

    > Basic Film Session, Basic Film Box and the Grayscale Image Box are
    > supported, along with Presentation LUT and a (simplified) Annotation Box
    > that only supports a single annotation per page. No color support,
    > no complex annotations. All classes are in module dcmpstat. They are
    > mainly intended for use with the DICOMscope viewer, adapting them to
    > your tool may or may not be easy.
    >
    > An alternative DCMTK based class library named DCMPRINT is also
    > available (and does support color), but this is not part of the free
    > toolkit. Check our web pages for details (I don't want to advertise
    > here, that's considered bad style).
    >
    > > Last question, tell me if I'm wrong, but for me I have just to code
    > > the Print SCU, Print SCP being the printer materiel not ?

    > Correct. Print SCP is implemented on the printer's side of things.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Marco Eichelberg
    > OFFIS

  4. Re: DICOM Print SCU

    Sylvain wrote:
    > I wish you can put the light me on the name of the classes, for
    > example Basic Film Session, what's the file which refers to
    > (constructor, services etc ?) or maybe and it's what I think, they are
    > not refer as classes but include in more complex classes, but tell me
    > please where I can found the Basic Film Session whith its arguments
    > and its services (name of the file).

    The Print SCU in DCMTK is based on a Stored Print model, and the class
    names reflect the Stored Print concepts, not the Print Management SOP
    classes.

    Most code is in class DVPSStoredPrint which roughly corresponds to a
    Basic Film Box but also contains code to create a Basic Film Session
    and handle those parts of the Image Box N-SET RQ messages that are not
    managed by class DVPSImageBoxContent.

    Film Session attributes are directly managed in class DVInterface
    (the class that DICOMscope interfaces to) and are passed to class
    DVPSStoredPrint in a dataset for an N-CREATE.

    Regards,
    Marco Eichelberg

+ Reply to Thread