Content Mapping Resource - DICOM

This is a discussion on Content Mapping Resource - DICOM ; HI all, Can anyone tell in simple words what does content mapping resources do?? I am reading supplement 53...iam finding hard.. Regards...

  1. Content Mapping Resource

    HI all,
    Can anyone tell in simple words what does content mapping resources
    do?? I am reading supplement 53...iam finding hard..

    Regards

  2. Re: Content Mapping Resource

    Don't read Sup 53; it is obsolete; read part 16 of the standard instead.

    The DCMR contains two main things:

    - lists of codes (context groups) - so for example if one wants
    the list of anatomic regions to fill in Anatomic Region Sequence
    for CT and MR, the list is in context group 4030

    - templates for Structured Reporting (and other) applications - so
    for example if one wants to create a Basic Diagnostic Imaging Report
    one would apply template 2000 to create an instance of a Basic Text
    SR IOD - these templates are constructed in a similar manner to
    the modules and macros of part 3.

    The DCMR also contains synonyms for code meanings, translations of
    code meanings, and definitions of DCM codes (i.e. those not from other
    coding standards like SNOMED and LOINC).

    David

    Gurikar wrote:

    > HI all,
    > Can anyone tell in simple words what does content mapping resources
    > do?? I am reading supplement 53...iam finding hard..
    >
    > Regards

+ Reply to Thread