I agree with David...... - DICOM

This is a discussion on I agree with David...... - DICOM ; But there is a caveat, I would strongly urge that Marco and the other developers of free DICOM toolkits, would either set up a board on their own site or move the effort to www.SourceForge.net , It would benefit the ...

  1. I agree with David......

    But there is a caveat, I would strongly urge that Marco and the other
    developers of free DICOM toolkits, would either set up a board on
    their own site or move the effort to www.SourceForge.net, It would
    benefit the community more from the additional support afforded by
    either approach. I do not mind skipping the DCMTK programming
    issues, I just lament about the loss of functionality this forum
    offers compared to a more software developement orineted forum. I
    know for eg. Marco's resources are stretched as thin as can be and the
    last thing they want is to surf another forum, but trust me the tools
    on sourceforge makes life easier.

    my two small fractions of a monetary unit.

    dee
    ;-D

  2. Re: I agree with David......

    dcsipo@charm.net (dee ;-D) wrote in message news:<843ec99a.0410240726.34c139fd@posting.google.com>...
    > But there is a caveat, I would strongly urge that Marco and the other
    > developers of free DICOM toolkits, would either set up a board on
    > their own site or move the effort to www.SourceForge.net, It would
    > benefit the community more from the additional support afforded by
    > either approach. I do not mind skipping the DCMTK programming
    > issues, I just lament about the loss of functionality this forum
    > offers compared to a more software developement orineted forum. I
    > know for eg. Marco's resources are stretched as thin as can be and the
    > last thing they want is to surf another forum, but trust me the tools
    > on sourceforge makes life easier.
    >
    > my two small fractions of a monetary unit.
    >
    > dee
    > ;-D

    I see no justifiable point in having a separate group for Dicom
    toolkits...

    My interest in DCMTK on this group will wane as soon as my issues are
    fixed up.. after that its Dicom that will be the focus of my attention
    here as I try to understand it better... At the same time I would like
    to read up on other experiences every now & then to widen my toolkit
    perspective...

    Plus the crucial aspect of not enough traffic to justify
    sub-grouping... if people don't want to read unrelated messages, they
    should jus skip them...

    What is more apt is to ask the contributors to be clear in their
    choice of subject line... that should help the sensitive souls
    better... but I think that is already taken care of by most
    contribtors anyway..

    my 3 cents...
    Michael

+ Reply to Thread