Developing Apps with DCMTK and VC++ Tutorial? - DICOM

This is a discussion on Developing Apps with DCMTK and VC++ Tutorial? - DICOM ; Just from reading the front page I can see that many questions get asked multiple times, so can anyone point me to some good tutorials on programming a simple DCMTK app with VC++? I had a class or two on ...

  1. Developing Apps with DCMTK and VC++ Tutorial?

    Just from reading the front page I can see that many questions get
    asked multiple times, so can anyone point me to some good tutorials on
    programming a simple DCMTK app with VC++? I had a class or two on VC++
    a looooong time ago, and I still have Version 5. First of all, will
    VC++ 5.0 compiler work with DCMTK 3.52?

    Second, here is what I want to do:

    I want to use dcmodify and build a Win32 application around it. I want
    to be able to run the app, either define the tags I want to modify at
    run time or code them in the app so I can only modify the ones that
    are defined.

    This is really just a hobby for me, but it could be useful. For
    instance I would only need to change tags (0010,0010) and (0010,0020).
    I modify them manually now.

    By the way, DCMTK is great.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Developing Apps with DCMTK and VC++ Tutorial?

    Scott wrote:
    > Just from reading the front page I can see that many questions get
    > asked multiple times, so can anyone point me to some good tutorials on
    > programming a simple DCMTK app with VC++? I had a class or two on VC++
    > a looooong time ago, and I still have Version 5. First of all, will
    > VC++ 5.0 compiler work with DCMTK 3.52?

    DCMTK 3.5.2 was the last release for which Visual C++ 5 was officially
    supported. We dropped that support in 3.5.3 mainly because we switched
    to generating the project files from CMake which does not support VC5.
    I believe, however, that there were also some template issues with VC5
    that we did not bother to develop a workaround for anymore.

    Please note that 3.5.2 does not yet contain the tool dcmodify. It might
    be possible, though, to just compile the tool with the 3.5.2 library.

    > By the way, DCMTK is great.

    Thanks :-)

    Regards,
    Marco Eichelberg
    OFFIS

  3. Re: Developing Apps with DCMTK and VC++ Tutorial?

    Thanks for the reply. Keep up the good work.

  4. Re: Developing Apps with DCMTK and VC++ Tutorial?

    VC has big issues with template (epecially with template function
    specialization, where it siliently calls incorrect function)

    About VC5 projects, you could use CMake to generate VS7 project
    files (.sln i think) than use tool from CodePrject [1] to convert it back
    to dsw which i think VC5 will pick up.

    [1] http://www.codeproject.com/tools/prjconverter.asp

    Igor

    "Marco Eichelberg" wrote in message
    > Scott wrote:
    > > Just from reading the front page I can see that many questions get
    > > asked multiple times, so can anyone point me to some good tutorials on
    > > programming a simple DCMTK app with VC++? I had a class or two on VC++
    > > a looooong time ago, and I still have Version 5. First of all, will
    > > VC++ 5.0 compiler work with DCMTK 3.52?

    > DCMTK 3.5.2 was the last release for which Visual C++ 5 was officially
    > supported. We dropped that support in 3.5.3 mainly because we switched
    > to generating the project files from CMake which does not support VC5.
    > I believe, however, that there were also some template issues with VC5
    > that we did not bother to develop a workaround for anymore.
    >
    > Please note that 3.5.2 does not yet contain the tool dcmodify. It might
    > be possible, though, to just compile the tool with the 3.5.2 library.
    >
    > > By the way, DCMTK is great.

    > Thanks :-)
    >
    > Regards,
    > Marco Eichelberg