truly lossless jpeg ? - DICOM

This is a discussion on truly lossless jpeg ? - DICOM ; Hello, I have one remaining image in my baseline (testing framework) I cannot read : http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~mal...horavision.dcm Could someone please let me know if they manage to read it ? If so using which jpeg codec ? (the more information the ...

  1. truly lossless jpeg ?

    Hello,

    I have one remaining image in my baseline (testing framework) I cannot
    read :

    http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~mal...horavision.dcm

    Could someone please let me know if they manage to read it ? If so
    using which jpeg codec ? (the more information the better

    Thanks
    Mathieu

  2. Re: truly lossless jpeg ?

    Hi Mathieu

    I had no trouble reading this image using either the Stanford
    PVRG codec or the Sun Java JAI JIIO codecs that both support
    lossless JPEG.

    This presupposes that the compressed bitstream is first
    unencapsulated and defragmented, for which I used either
    dctoraw from my dicom3tools or my Pixelmed Java DICOM
    toolkit.

    Osirix, which I seem to recall uses patched IJG, had no
    trouble with it either.

    Is it the encapsulation into multiple fragments (Items) that
    is perhaps causing you trouble ?

    David

    Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have one remaining image in my baseline (testing framework) I
    > cannot read :
    >
    > http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~mal...horavision.dcm
    >

    > Could someone please let me know if they manage to read it ? If so
    > using which jpeg codec ? (the more information the better
    >
    > Thanks
    > Mathieu

  3. Re: truly lossless jpeg ?

    That's excellent news, I was a little worried this was due to some weird
    bug in the jpeg compression. I guess I just need to figure out what is
    going wrong in our side.

    thanks again, that's all I needed
    Mathieu
    Ps: and yes osirix uses ijg (well at least source code is shipped with
    ijg source)

    David Clunie wrote:
    > Hi Mathieu
    >
    > I had no trouble reading this image using either the Stanford
    > PVRG codec or the Sun Java JAI JIIO codecs that both support
    > lossless JPEG.
    >
    > This presupposes that the compressed bitstream is first
    > unencapsulated and defragmented, for which I used either
    > dctoraw from my dicom3tools or my Pixelmed Java DICOM
    > toolkit.
    >
    > Osirix, which I seem to recall uses patched IJG, had no
    > trouble with it either.
    >
    > Is it the encapsulation into multiple fragments (Items) that
    > is perhaps causing you trouble ?
    >
    > David
    >
    > Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I have one remaining image in my baseline (testing framework) I
    >> cannot read :
    >>
    >> http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~mal...horavision.dcm
    >>

    >> Could someone please let me know if they manage to read it ? If so
    >> using which jpeg codec ? (the more information the better
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Mathieu

  4. Re: truly lossless jpeg ?

    Mathieu Malaterre wrote in message news:...
    > That's excellent news, I was a little worried this was due to some weird
    > bug in the jpeg compression. I guess I just need to figure out what is
    > going wrong in our side.
    >
    > thanks again, that's all I needed
    > Mathieu
    > Ps: and yes osirix uses ijg (well at least source code is shipped with
    > ijg source)
    >
    > David Clunie wrote:

    Our DICOM Viewer could read it. This Viewer is base on OFFIS DCMTK.3.5.3.
    It's a great DICOM Tool Kit. You could refer this toolkit.

  5. Re: truly lossless jpeg ?

    pingyingtu wrote:
    > Mathieu Malaterre wrote in message news:...
    >
    >>That's excellent news, I was a little worried this was due to some weird
    >>bug in the jpeg compression. I guess I just need to figure out what is
    >>going wrong in our side.
    >>
    >>thanks again, that's all I needed
    >>Mathieu
    >>Ps: and yes osirix uses ijg (well at least source code is shipped with
    >>ijg source)
    >>
    >>David Clunie wrote:

    > Our DICOM Viewer could read it. This Viewer is base on OFFIS DCMTK.3.5.3.
    > It's a great DICOM Tool Kit. You could refer this toolkit.

    I believe you, the thing is that we wanted a lighter dicom parser (only
    io implementation, no communication), and it needed to be swig wrap in
    python... so we reinvented the wheel -for now the wheel is square -

    Mathieu
    Ps: also I didn't like the fact they copy/duplicate the ijg in the
    source tree :P

+ Reply to Thread