DCMTK: Imagectn problem - DICOM

This is a discussion on DCMTK: Imagectn problem - DICOM ; Hi there, I'm just a newbie on the use of the DCMTK tool Imagectn, and have some problems on it. What I've firstly done is, as the ctnsetup.txt file clearly says, configure the Imagectn.cfg file in order to properly use ...

  1. DCMTK: Imagectn problem

    Hi there,

    I'm just a newbie on the use of the DCMTK tool Imagectn, and have some
    problems on it. What I've firstly done is, as the ctnsetup.txt file
    clearly says, configure the Imagectn.cfg file in order to properly use
    the Image Central Test Node.

    # Global Configuration Parameters
    NetworkType = "tcp"
    NetworkTCPPort = 65000
    MaxPDUSize = 16384
    MaxAssociations = 16
    Display = "no"

    #
    n902 = (N902, n902, 65000)

    #
    N902 /home/.../dicom/db/N902 RW (200, 50mb) ANY

    After that, I wanted to check if it was ok, so I execute the following
    command on my (Linux) server:

    ./imagectn -v -c ./imagectn.cfg 65000

    and the next one on my remote (WinNT) machine:

    echoscu -v 65000 --call N902

    The echo failed and the imagectn error message is the following one:

    Association Received (:ECHOSCU -> N902) Fri Oct 8
    11:07:09 2004
    Association Acknowledged (Max Send PDV: 16372)
    /home/.../dicom/db/N902/index.dat: No such file or directory
    imagectn: SCE_dispatch: cannot create DB Handle
    imagectn: SCE_dispatch: cannot destroy DB Handle
    imagectn: DIMSE Failure (aborting association):

    000c:0001 ImageCTN DB Error
    Cleaned up after child (20933) Fri Oct 8 11:07:10 2004

    Seems that the imagectn requieres a index.dat that doesn't exists.
    I've to create it manually?, there's any problem in the configuration
    I've set?. If anyone can help me I'll be glad to know what's actually
    happening.

    Thanks in advanced and sorry for the annoyances.

    see ya,
    Carmelo

  2. Re: DCMTK: Imagectn problem

    Carmelo wrote:

    > /home/.../dicom/db/N902/index.dat: No such file or directory
    > imagectn: SCE_dispatch: cannot create DB Handle
    > imagectn: SCE_dispatch: cannot destroy DB Handle
    > imagectn: DIMSE Failure (aborting association):

    I guess that the storage directory you specified in the config
    file does no exist or is invalid.

    > Seems that the imagectn requieres a index.dat that doesn't
    > exists. I've to create it manually?, there's any problem in the

    You can create the "index.dat" manually with "dbregimg" as described
    in "ctnsetup.txt" (step 8) but this is not required in order to get
    "echoscu" working (see above).

    Regards,
    Joerg Riesmeier
    OFFIS

  3. Re: DCMTK: Imagectn problem

    Sorry there was a problem with the directory. I create
    /home/.../dicom/db/n902/ and the folder I was requesting for was
    /home/.../dicom/db/N902/. That's all. I guess it could be the main
    problem I've.

    > You can create the "index.dat" manually with "dbregimg" as described
    > in "ctnsetup.txt" (step 8) but this is not required in order to get
    > "echoscu" working (see above).

    The "index.dat" file is just a CTN internal file for DB organization,
    isn't it?. I understand that I don't have to keep an eye on it.

    Thanks a lot.
    Carmelo

  4. Re: DCMTK: Imagectn problem

    Carmelo wrote:

    > The "index.dat" file is just a CTN internal file for DB organization,
    > isn't it?. I understand that I don't have to keep an eye on it.

    Correct, it's the "database" index file containing the key attributes
    and the references to the DICOM files.

    Regards,
    Joerg Riesmeier
    OFFIS