Well I have managed to compile my DCMTK courtesy the efforst of Thomas
from OFFIS.. Not sure if thats the reason why some of my linker errors
have disappeared.. These are the errors I am left with...

--------------------Configuration: TLA_Dicomreader - Win32
Release--------------------
Linking...
TLA_DicomreaderDlg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: virtual __thiscall
DicomDirInterface::~DicomDirInterface(void)"
(??1DicomDirInterface@@UAE@XZ)
TLA_DicomreaderDlg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: class OFCondition __thiscall
DicomDirInterface::writeDicomDir(enum E_EncodingType,enum
E_GrpLenEncoding)" (?writeDicomDir@DicomDirInterface@@QAE?AVOFConditi on@@W4E_Encoding
Type@@W4E_GrpLenEncoding@@@Z)
TLA_DicomreaderDlg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: class OFCondition __thiscall
DicomDirInterface::addDicomFile(char const *,char const *)"
(?addDicomFile@DicomDirInterface@@QAE?AVOFConditio n@@PBD0@Z)
TLA_DicomreaderDlg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: class OFCondition __thiscall
DicomDirInterface::createNewDicomDir(enum
DicomDirInterface::E_ApplicationProfile,char const *,char const *)"
(?createNewDicomDir@DicomDirInter
face@@QAE?AVOFCondition@@W4E_ApplicationProfile@1@ PBD1@Z)
TLA_DicomreaderDlg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: __thiscall DicomDirInterface:icomDirInterface(void)"
(??0DicomDirInterface@@QAE@XZ)
Release/TLA_Dicomreader.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved
externals
Error executing link.exe.

TLA_Dicomreader.exe - 6 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I have included the header file for the "DicomDirInterface"

#include "dctk.h"
#include "dcddirif.h"

& the paths for ofstd.lib & dcmdata.lib files are also added to the
options of my VC++ project.. are there some other lib files that need
to be added to the mix??? I am going thru the docs & comments &
helpful pointers would be appreciated..

Thanks.

Cheers,
Michael