Image display problem after converting from Jpeg 2000 to DICOM - DICOM

This is a discussion on Image display problem after converting from Jpeg 2000 to DICOM - DICOM ; Dear friends, I am facing a problem with the conversion of jp2 file to DICOM. This jp2 file is originally developed from a DICOM File(CT Bits Allocated - 16, Bits Stored - 12, High bit -11). And, the JP2 file ...

  1. Image display problem after converting from Jpeg 2000 to DICOM

    Dear friends,

    I am facing a problem with the conversion of jp2 file to DICOM.
    This jp2 file is originally developed from a DICOM File(CT Bits
    Allocated - 16, Bits Stored - 12, High bit -11).

    And, the JP2 file is created with the following properties.
    Creversible=no
    Clayers=1
    Scomponents= 0,0,1
    Sdims = 0,0,512
    Sdims=0,0,512
    Ssigned=0,0,false

    The result of the conversion is CT DICOM image, but after applying
    initial window width and center, Image not looking correct.

    From the jp2 file I am getting unsigned short buffer, and using the
    DCMTK library, I am converting that to DICOM image.

    Could any one please tell me why the image is not showing correctly
    after applying window width and center.
    I am confused, is this the the problem with decompression of jp2 file
    to Unsigned short buffer or the DICOM file creation using DCMTK?

    Thanks and Regards
    Alvin

  2. Re: Image display problem after converting from Jpeg 2000 to DICOM

    On Jun 23, 10:54 pm, alvin wrote:
    > Dear friends,
    >
    > I am facing a problem with the conversion of jp2 file to DICOM.
    > This jp2 file is originally developed from a DICOM File(CT Bits
    > Allocated - 16, Bits Stored - 12, High bit -11).
    >
    > And, the JP2 file is created with the following properties.
    > Creversible=no
    > Clayers=1
    > Scomponents= 0,0,1
    > Sdims = 0,0,512
    > Sdims=0,0,512
    > Ssigned=0,0,false
    >
    > The result of the conversion is CT DICOM image, but after applying
    > initial window width and center, Image not looking correct.
    >
    > From the jp2 file I am getting unsigned short buffer, and using the
    > DCMTK library, I am converting that to DICOM image.
    >
    > Could any one please tell me why the image is not showing correctly
    > after applying window width and center.
    > I am confused, is this the the problem with decompression of jp2 file
    > to Unsigned short buffer or the DICOM file creation using DCMTK?

    Alvin,

    Where is this image ? Can you send me a copy of that file ?

    In case you did not know, gdcm comes with a small command line
    executable 'gdcmviewer' that you use this way. Start up a cmd on
    windows, or a shell on unix and type:

    gdcmviewer image.dcm

    It will open a new window and display the image in it. You can
    download it here:

    http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=603764

    As a side note, GDCM has an integrated support for J2K (using
    OpenJPEG and not kakadu), so this is only a matter of writing a couple
    of lines to create a 'decompressed' DICOM file out of the J2K file, so
    for instance the python example:

    http://gdcm.svn.sourceforge.net/view...py?view=markup

    HTH
    -Mathieu