Re: compiling dcmtk - DICOM

This is a discussion on Re: compiling dcmtk - DICOM ; Thomas Wilkens wrote in message news: ... > Michael, > > >>This should work. > > ## unfortunately it didn't.. I got the below error > > > > --------------------Configuration: dcm2xml - Win32 > > Debug-------------------- > > Linking... > ...

  1. Re: compiling dcmtk

    Thomas Wilkens wrote in message news:...
    > Michael,
    >
    > >>This should work.

    > > ## unfortunately it didn't.. I got the below error
    > >
    > > --------------------Configuration: dcm2xml - Win32
    > > Debug--------------------
    > > Linking...
    > > LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file "zlib_d.lib"
    > > Error executing link.exe.
    > >
    > > ALL_BUILD - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

    > I dont think you really downloaded the files I mentioned to you, because
    > when I do the exact same thing, I dont have any problems compiling dcmtk:

    My sincere apologies Thomas...

    u wrote this
    - go to http://dicom.offis.de/dcmtk.php.en
    - look for section "DCMTK 3.5.3 - support libraries for
    Windows"
    - download "dcmtk-3.5.3-win32-i386-support.zip"
    - extract this zip file so that in the end you have

    I did not realise u were asking me to download the lib files.. all
    along my brain was making me think u were pointing me to the source
    files which are present right below the main dcmtk download... I had
    downloaded them & could not find the .lib files in them & have been
    trying to compile them all along...

    I am way too embarassed to explain this any further.. all along the
    relevant precompiled lib files were present right under my nose & I
    was searching everywhere else & poring thru posts to get a idea... & I
    went to the extent of renaming a old zlib file to see if I could get
    lucky...

    Thank God I figured it out atleast now... Successfully compiled DCMTK
    with external library support turned ON. Let me see if I can get my
    basic DCMTK coding to work now...

    Thanks a lot Thomas for your patience, time & effort. Its deeply
    appreciated.

    Cheers,
    Michael

  2. Re: compiling dcmtk

    Michael,

    > My sincere apologies Thomas...

    accepted! :-)

    > Thanks a lot Thomas for your patience, time & effort. Its deeply
    > appreciated.

    :-)

    > I went to the extent of renaming a old zlib file to see if I could get
    > lucky...

    It is good that you finally realized that it takes more than renaming an
    old zlib file to get lucky... ;-)

    Best regards from Germany,
    Thomas
    :-)