IS&C to DICOM Converter - DICOM

This is a discussion on IS&C to DICOM Converter - DICOM ; Hello, Does anyone know a good IS&C to DICOM converter? I found one, but it costs about $1,000 and looking for a more economical solution. Thank you, Lint...

  1. IS&C to DICOM Converter

    Hello,

    Does anyone know a good IS&C to DICOM converter? I found one, but it
    costs about $1,000 and looking for a more economical solution.

    Thank you,

    Lint

  2. Re: IS&C to DICOM Converter

    On Jun 20, 8:55 pm, scanoma...@forwardbounding.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Does anyone know a good IS&C to DICOM converter? I found one, but it
    > costs about $1,000 and looking for a more economical solution.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Lint

    DICOMatic starts at 500$

    http://www.tomovision.com/

    If the file is nema based, it should not be to hard to use an open
    source toolkit reading DICOM to handle them...

    -Mathieu

  3. Re: IS&C to DICOM Converter

    Bonjour Lint (and Mathieu)

    I do believe that you are both talking about DICOMatic

    Yes, DICOMatic start at $500, but that is for the Ultrasound module
    ($500) or the Nuclear module ($500). IS&C images are used mostly for
    CT, and the CT module is indeed $1000 (so is the MR module).

    IS&C (Image Save & Carry, also called ISAC) is a Japanese variation
    on the NEMA format, so yes, you could probably be able to do something
    with a toolkit. Just remember that the image is split in 2 parts, the
    header (usually ".INF") containing the NEMA tags, and the image
    (".IMG").

    The "link" between the header is not always the same! Sometime the
    header has tags for the image part but not the actual image bytes,
    sometime not. Also the image part sometime has a NEMA tag, sometime
    just the data (and it is not because one of the file does not have the
    NEMA tag for the image that the other will!). But this is not to
    difficult to figure out...

    If you use readOmatic to read the IS&C MOD, it will merge both parts
    in a valid NEMA image for you. (But of course readOmatic also cost
    $1000, so it does not help you much...)

    What might be a bigger problem is that sometime Toshiba also compress
    the image part!

    So Lint, if you do have compressed Toshiba images, unless there are
    other converter out there that I am not aware of, I'm afraid you will
    have to use DICOMatic

    Yves

    On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 15:15:44 -0700 (PDT), Mathieu Malaterre
    wrote:

    >On Jun 20, 8:55 pm, scanoma...@forwardbounding.com wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Does anyone know a good IS&C to DICOM converter? I found one, but it
    >> costs about $1,000 and looking for a more economical solution.
    >>
    >> Thank you,
    >>
    >> Lint

    >DICOMatic starts at 500$
    >
    >http://www.tomovision.com/
    >
    >If the file is nema based, it should not be to hard to use an open
    >source toolkit reading DICOM to handle them...
    >
    >-Mathieu

+ Reply to Thread