png2dcm or jpg2dcm etc... - DICOM

This is a discussion on png2dcm or jpg2dcm etc... - DICOM ; I have a bitmap image and a dicom header file. I want to convert the bitmap image to dicom using the demographics in the dicom header. dcmtk has a pdf2dcm. You specify a pdf file and a dicom header and ...

  1. png2dcm or jpg2dcm etc...

    I have a bitmap image and a dicom header file.
    I want to convert the bitmap image to dicom using the demographics in
    the dicom header.
    dcmtk has a pdf2dcm. You specify a pdf file and a dicom header and it
    encapsulates the pdf for you into a dicom part 10 file.

    I need similar functionality to convert a bitmap image into a dicom
    file.

    i tried using pdf2dcm but the SOP (encapsulated PDF) is not supported
    by my PACS.. (Agfa)

    Help?

    Yes I can write it myself in C++ but I was hoping for a piece of
    software that was already written and free.

  2. Re: png2dcm or jpg2dcm etc...

    On Jun 17, 7:10 pm, SpreadTooThin wrote:
    > I have a bitmap image and a dicom header file.
    > I want to convert the bitmap image to dicom using the demographics in
    > the dicom header.
    > dcmtk has a pdf2dcm. You specify a pdf file and a dicom header and it
    > encapsulates the pdf for you into a dicom part 10 file.
    >
    > I need similar functionality to convert a bitmap image into a dicom
    > file.
    >
    > i tried using pdf2dcm but the SOP (encapsulated PDF) is not supported
    > by my PACS.. (Agfa)
    >
    > Help?
    >
    > Yes I can write it myself in C++ but I was hoping for a piece of
    > software that was already written and free.

    Hi SpreadTooThin,

    You could use GDCM + VTK:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/gdcm

    But you need to write ~10 lines of python code (you said C++ is not
    an option)... If this looks like what you are looking for, please drop
    a line at the gdcm-dev ml:

    https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/...dcm-developers

    2 cents,
    -Mathieu

  3. Re: png2dcm or jpg2dcm etc...

    On Jun 17, 12:03*pm, Mathieu Malaterre
    wrote:
    > On Jun 17, 7:10 pm, SpreadTooThin wrote:
    >

    > > I have a bitmap image and a dicom header file.
    > > I want to convert the bitmap image to dicom using the demographics in
    > > the dicom header.
    > > dcmtk has a pdf2dcm. *You specify a pdf file and a dicom header and it
    > > encapsulates the pdf for you into a dicom part 10 file.

    > > I need similar functionality to convert a bitmap image into a dicom
    > > file.

    > > i tried using pdf2dcm but the SOP (encapsulated PDF) is not supported
    > > by my PACS.. (Agfa)

    > > Help?

    > > Yes I can write it myself in C++ but I was hoping for a piece of
    > > software that was already written and free.

    > Hi SpreadTooThin,
    >
    > * You could use GDCM + VTK:
    >
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/gdcm
    >
    > * But you need to write ~10 lines of python code (you said C++ is not
    > an option)... If this looks like what you are looking for, please drop
    > a line at the gdcm-dev ml:
    >
    > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/...dcm-developers
    >
    > 2 cents,
    > -Mathieu

    I need to learn to be more specific in my post... C++ is an option...
    Did I fail to mention I need it for Mac OS X 10.4? No.. I'm an idiot.

  4. Re: png2dcm or jpg2dcm etc...

    Hi SpreadTooThin,

    On 17 Jun., 19:10, SpreadTooThin wrote:

    > dcmtk has a pdf2dcm. You specify a pdf file and a dicom header and it
    > encapsulates the pdf for you into a dicom part 10 file.

    DCMTK also has a tool called "img2dcm" in the current snapshot, see
    here:
    http://www.dcmtk.org/dcmtk.php.en (link in section snapshot), which
    currently
    converts a JPEG file into old or new Secondary Capture SOP Classes or
    VL
    Photographic Image SOP Class.

    As far as I know, there is a similar tool in the current version (or
    snapshot?)
    of dcm4chee.

    Regards,
    Michael Onken