Creating a DICOM test bed - DICOM

This is a discussion on Creating a DICOM test bed - DICOM ; I'm starting to develop libraries for DICOM. What software should I use as a testbed, if any? (Also, are there any resources describing the larger IHE/HL7/DICOM/etc system?)...

  1. Creating a DICOM test bed

    I'm starting to develop libraries for DICOM. What software should I
    use as a testbed, if any? (Also, are there any resources describing
    the larger IHE/HL7/DICOM/etc system?)

  2. Re: Creating a DICOM test bed

    Hello Jamie,

    I think the basic information you need is delivered frequently in this
    newsgroup, so for details, I recommend to search this group.

    Jamie wrote:
    > I'm starting to develop libraries for DICOM. What software should I
    > use as a testbed, if any? (Also, are there any resources describing
    > the larger IHE/HL7/DICOM/etc system?)

    With IHE, you get the description of the "larger" system pretty well.
    Nevertheless, you will also have to dig into the DICOM and HL7 Documents
    to find out how to implement it.

    Regarding the testbed, my Memory Stick houses always:

    - dicom3tools http://dclunie.com/dicom3tools.html
    (David's site also has a comprehensive list of DICOM information sources)
    - dcmtk http://dicom.offis.de/dcmtk.php.en
    - DVTk http://www.dvtk.org/

    .... but there are more, I suggest to roam a little in the past posts of
    comp.protocols.dicom, I am sure I have missed many.

    Hope this helps!

    Kind regards,

    Peter

+ Reply to Thread