Compiling dicom3tools - DICOM

This is a discussion on Compiling dicom3tools - DICOM ; Hi! I've been trying to compile dicom3tools but I'm new to unix and I'm not sure what to do. I'm trying to compile on Ubuntu. Specifically, how do I edit "config/site.p-def" to set my UID root? Exactly what is my ...

  1. Compiling dicom3tools

    Hi!

    I've been trying to compile dicom3tools but I'm new to unix and I'm
    not sure what to do. I'm trying to compile on Ubuntu. Specifically,
    how do I edit "config/site.p-def" to set my UID root?

    Exactly what is my UID root? And where in the site.p-def file do I
    input it?

    I want to use the toolset to convert image slice coordinates to
    patient coordinates. And learn more about DICOM files and their
    manipulation.

    Thanks,
    Preet

  2. Re: Compiling dicom3tools

    Hi Preet

    preet wrote:

    > I've been trying to compile dicom3tools but I'm new to unix and I'm
    > not sure what to do. I'm trying to compile on Ubuntu. Specifically,
    > how do I edit "config/site.p-def" to set my UID root?
    >
    > Exactly what is my UID root?

    If you don't have one you can't set it. To understand what you
    need, see:

    http://www.dclunie.com/medical-image...part2.html#UID

    To get one, see:

    http://www.dclunie.com/medical-image...IDRegistration

    and choose one of the free alternatives.

    > And where in the site.p-def file do I
    > input it?

    As the INSTALL file says, use one of the existing patterns as a
    template; e.g., if your root is 1.3.6.1.4.1.99999, then add
    to config/site.p-def something like:

    #ifdef UsePreetID

    #ifndef DefaultUIDRoot
    #define DefaultUIDRoot 1.3.6.1.4.1.99999.1
    #endif

    #ifndef DefaultInstanceCreatorUID
    #define DefaultInstanceCreatorUID 1.3.6.1.4.1.99999.3
    #endif

    #ifndef DefaultImplementationClassUID
    #define DefaultImplementationClassUID 1.3.6.1.4.1.99999.2
    #endif

    #ifndef DefaultImplementationVersionName
    #define DefaultImplementationVersionName DCTOOL100
    #endif

    #ifndef DefaultSourceApplicationEntityTitle
    #define DefaultSourceApplicationEntityTitle PREET1
    #endif

    #endif

    and then when you do your imake supply it with the UsePreetID
    define:

    imake -I./config -DInstallInTopDir -DUsePreetID

    David

  3. Re: Compiling dicom3tools

    Thanks for the quick reply... I've applied for a UID root from one of
    the free sources listed. Just out of curiosity though, is it necessary
    to have a UID root if I'm not intending to generate any DICOM image
    files, but just analyze ones that already exist? I don't have access
    to any image scanners -- MRI, CT, etc, and I don't have any need to
    generate new DICOM files.

    Preet

  4. Re: Compiling dicom3tools

    No; the UID root is only required when new UIDs need to be generated.

    David

    preet wrote:
    > Thanks for the quick reply... I've applied for a UID root from one of
    > the free sources listed. Just out of curiosity though, is it necessary
    > to have a UID root if I'm not intending to generate any DICOM image
    > files, but just analyze ones that already exist? I don't have access
    > to any image scanners -- MRI, CT, etc, and I don't have any need to
    > generate new DICOM files.
    >
    > Preet

  5. Re: Compiling dicom3tools

    I got a root UID and edited the site.p-def file as you showed (I know
    I'm not going to creating DICOM files, but just in case). When I run
    the imake command I get the following error:

    In file included from Imakefile.c:16:
    ../config/Imake.tmpl:45: error: generic.cf: No such file or directory
    imake: Exit code 1.
    Stop.

    I should note that I've changed targets (I won't change again) to OS
    X. The config directory does not have 'generic.cf', however it
    contains 'generic.p-cf'.

    Sorry to keep bothering you... I really appreciate the assistance so
    far.

    Preet

  6. Re: Compiling dicom3tools

    Hi Preet

    Is the current working directory the directory in which you unpacked
    the software, is your generic site.p-def file in ./config and did
    you supply the -I./config argument to imake as instructed in INSTALL ?

    An "ls -1 config" should show the following:

    Configure
    Imake.p-rules
    Imake.rules
    Imake.tmpl
    Imakefile
    Makefile
    Project.p-tmpl
    Project.tmpl
    generic.cf
    generic.p-cf
    site.def
    site.p-def

    David

    preet wrote:
    > I got a root UID and edited the site.p-def file as you showed (I know
    > I'm not going to creating DICOM files, but just in case). When I run
    > the imake command I get the following error:
    >
    > In file included from Imakefile.c:16:
    > ./config/Imake.tmpl:45: error: generic.cf: No such file or directory
    > imake: Exit code 1.
    > Stop.
    >
    > I should note that I've changed targets (I won't change again) to OS
    > X. The config directory does not have 'generic.cf', however it
    > contains 'generic.p-cf'.
    >
    > Sorry to keep bothering you... I really appreciate the assistance so
    > far.
    >
    > Preet

+ Reply to Thread