CT Single file multi frame - DICOM

This is a discussion on CT Single file multi frame - DICOM ; Hi all, i'm in dicom and i need help if is possible. I have a sequence of axial from the same exam and i want to create a single file with all this axial. So i created a dicom file ...

  1. CT Single file multi frame

    Hi all,
    i'm in dicom and i need help if is possible.
    I have a sequence of axial from the same exam and i want to create a
    single file with all this axial.
    So i created a dicom file with media storage SOP class UID of CT
    (1.2.840.100008.5.1.4.1.1.2), i created the tag
    Number of frames 0028,0008 with the number of my axial and the i
    created the image group with all the axial the first one is the upper
    of my series and the last one is the lower. Obviously i created all
    the tag of CT sop class including Slice thickness 0018,0050.

    I'd like to know if this file is correct for one single multi-frame
    image.

    Thanks in advance

    MM

  2. Re: CT Single file multi frame

    On Jun 5, 10:50 am, vas...@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > i'm in dicom and i need help if is possible.
    > I have a sequence of axial from the same exam and i want to create a
    > single file with all this axial.
    > So i created a dicom file with media storage SOP class UID of CT
    > (1.2.840.100008.5.1.4.1.1.2), i created the tag
    > Number of frames 0028,0008 with the number of my axial and the i
    > created the image group with all the axial the first one is the upper
    > of my series and the last one is the lower. Obviously i created all
    > the tag of CT sop class including Slice thickness 0018,0050.
    >
    > I'd like to know if this file is correct for one single multi-frame
    > image.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > MM

    Hi MM,

    I think you meant to say: 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2 (CT Image
    Storage), if so then no you cannot have multiple frames. Instead you
    should consider the new CT object: 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2.1
    (Enhanced CT Image Storage). You should check PS 3.3- 2008 for the
    list of attributes required for this class, since it greatly differ
    from the previous class.

    HTH
    -Mathieu

  3. Re: CT Single file multi frame

    Hi Mathieu,
    thanks a lot for your prompt answer, but i have another question back:
    yes i meant 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2 (CT Image Storage). Now i create
    one dicom files for all my axial (i.e. 10 images = ten files) and i
    want to accorpate in only one file, with the same header contains
    typically patient information and information about the image
    capturing modality (typically of CT Image Storage) and then create
    only one image (tag 7fe0, 0010) containig all the axials. This way
    make me earm a lot of time (if is Dicom correct). I saw that some
    viewer can read all the axials from my one single multi frame image
    so how could be possible if my single file is not dicom correct that
    the viewer can read it?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    MM

  4. Re: CT Single file multi frame

    You cannot do what you want to do with 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2.

    As Mathieu stated quite clearly, for 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2,
    only 1 frame (1 slice) is allowed.

    So the files that you are describing are illegal, without any
    question, regardless of whether or not some viewers happen not
    to care and display them anyway.

    If you want multiple CT frames in a single instance (file) then
    you have to use Enhanced CT (1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2.1).

    David

    Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
    > On Jun 5, 10:50 am, vas...@yahoo.com wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >> i'm in dicom and i need help if is possible.
    >> I have a sequence of axial from the same exam and i want to create a
    >> single file with all this axial.
    >> So i created a dicom file with media storage SOP class UID of CT
    >> (1.2.840.100008.5.1.4.1.1.2), i created the tag
    >> Number of frames 0028,0008 with the number of my axial and the i
    >> created the image group with all the axial the first one is the upper
    >> of my series and the last one is the lower. Obviously i created all
    >> the tag of CT sop class including Slice thickness 0018,0050.
    >>
    >> I'd like to know if this file is correct for one single multi-frame
    >> image.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance
    >>
    >> MM

    > Hi MM,
    >
    > I think you meant to say: 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2 (CT Image
    > Storage), if so then no you cannot have multiple frames. Instead you
    > should consider the new CT object: 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2.1
    > (Enhanced CT Image Storage). You should check PS 3.3- 2008 for the
    > list of attributes required for this class, since it greatly differ
    > from the previous class.
    >
    > HTH
    > -Mathieu

  5. Re: CT Single file multi frame

    On 5 Giu, 13:03, David Clunie wrote:
    > You cannot do what you want to do with 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2.
    >
    > As Mathieu stated quite clearly, for 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2,
    > only 1 frame (1 slice) is allowed.
    >
    > So the files that you are describing are illegal, without any
    > question, regardless of whether or not some viewers happen not
    > to care and display them anyway.
    >
    > If you want multiple CT frames in a single instance (file) then
    > you have to use Enhanced CT (1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2.1).
    >
    > David
    >

    > vas...@yahoo.com wrote:
    > > Hi Mathieu,
    > > thanks a lot for your prompt answer, but i have another question back:
    > > yes i meant 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2 (CT Image Storage). Now i create
    > > one dicom files for all my axial (i.e. 10 images = ten files) and i
    > > want to accorpate in only one file, with the same header contains
    > > typically patient information and information about the image
    > > capturing modality (typically of CT Image Storage) and then create
    > > only one image (tag 7fe0, 0010) containig all the axials. This way
    > > make me earm a lot of time (if is Dicom correct). I saw that some
    > > viewer can read all the axials from my one single multi frame image
    > > so how could be possible if my single file is not dicom correct that
    > > the viewer can read it?

    > > Thanks in advance for your help.

    > > MM

    > Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
    >
    > > On Jun 5, 10:50 am, vas...@yahoo.com wrote:
    > >> Hi all,
    > >> i'm in dicom and i need help if is possible.
    > >> I have a sequence of axial from the same exam and i want to create a
    > >> single file with all this axial.
    > >> So i created a dicom file with media storage SOP class UID of CT
    > >> (1.2.840.100008.5.1.4.1.1.2), i created the tag
    > >> Number of frames 0028,0008 with the number of my axial and the i
    > >> created the image group with all the axial the first one is the upper
    > >> of my series and the last one is the lower. Obviously i created all
    > >> the tag of CT sop class including Slice thickness 0018,0050.
    > >>
    > >> I'd like to know if this file is correct for one single multi-frame
    > >> image.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks in advance
    > >>
    > >> MM

    > > Hi MM,
    > >
    > > I think you meant to say: 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2 (CT Image
    > > Storage), if so then no you cannot have multiple frames. Instead you
    > > should consider the new CT object: 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2.1
    > > (Enhanced CT Image Storage). You should check PS 3.3- 2008 for the
    > > list of attributes required for this class, since it greatly differ
    > > from the previous class.
    > >
    > > HTH
    > > -Mathieu

    Ok I understand thank all for replies.