Dicom object - DICOM

This is a discussion on Dicom object - DICOM ; Hi! I wish to know wich dicom atribute is specific for images with dicom overlay like "patient protocol" or "specials osteo"? If anybody knows, i would appreciate it. Thank you....

  1. Dicom object

    Hi!
    I wish to know wich dicom atribute is specific for images with dicom overlay
    like "patient protocol" or "specials osteo"? If anybody knows, i would
    appreciate it.

    Thank you.

  2. Re: Dicom object

    On Jun 3, 1:31 pm, "Goran" wrote:
    > Hi!
    > I wish to know wich dicom atribute is specific for images with dicom overlay
    > like "patient protocol" or "specials osteo"? If anybody knows, i would
    > appreciate it.

    Hi Goran,

    This is described in PS 3.3 - 2008.

    ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/2008/08_03pu.pdf

    -Mathieu

  3. Re: Dicom object

    On Jun 3, 3:09*pm, Mathieu Malaterre
    wrote:
    > On Jun 3, 1:31 pm, "Goran" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi!
    > > I wish to know wich dicom atribute is specific for images with dicom overlay
    > > like "patient protocol" or "specials osteo"? If anybody knows, i would
    > > appreciate it.

    > Hi Goran,
    >
    > * This is described in PS 3.3 - 2008.
    >
    > ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/2008/08_03pu.pdf
    >
    > -Mathieu

    Hi Mathieu,

    I believe you mean an overlay plane, like annotations, arrows, circles
    etc.
    If such are present on the image, then there will be tags of group
    60xx that is group 6000, 6002, ..., 601e
    So the best would be to test for the presence of mandatory tags of
    these groups like 6000,0010 (overlay rows).
    To be on the safe side, check for the other groups too, not only 6000
    but in most cases if there's an overlay there will be a (6000,0010)
    tag.

+ Reply to Thread