Receiving DICOM files over a network - DICOM

This is a discussion on Receiving DICOM files over a network - DICOM ; I am new to DICOM and I have written a program in Visual C++ 6.0 for Windows that can read DICOM files from the hard disk. I now want to write a thread function that can receive DICOM files over ...

  1. Receiving DICOM files over a network

    I am new to DICOM and I have written a program in Visual C++ 6.0 for
    Windows that can read DICOM files from the hard disk. I now want to
    write a thread function that can receive DICOM files over a network
    and store them on the hard disk so that the program can read them
    later.

    Does somebody have any suggestions which DICOM toolkit that can best
    help me to write such a thread function? If possible, I also want it
    to notify the main program when a DICOM file has been received and
    also the name of the file. I will appreciate very much if somebody can
    help me with any suggestions or advice.

    Simon

  2. Re: Receiving DICOM files over a network

    On Jun 1, 9:20*pm, vikingsi...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > I am new to DICOM and I have written a program in Visual C++ 6.0 for
    > Windows that can read DICOM files from the hard disk. I now want to
    > write a thread function that can receive DICOM files over a network
    > and store them on the hard disk so that the program can read them
    > later.
    >
    > Does somebody have any suggestions which DICOM toolkit that can best
    > help me to write such a thread function? If possible, I also want it
    > to notify the main program when a DICOM file has been received and
    > also the name of the file. I will appreciate very much if somebody can
    > help me with any suggestions or advice.
    >
    > Simon

    Hi Simon,
    I guess you are looking for a royalty free library.
    For C++ you can use either CTN http://erl.wustl.edu/research/dicom/ctn.html
    or dcmtk from http://dicom.offis.de/
    There are also commercial toolkits as well that may be simpler to use.
    Roni

    For a Visual C++ 6.0 I w

  3. Re: Receiving DICOM files over a network

    On 2 Juni, 11:44, roniza wrote:

    > Hi Simon,
    > I guess you are looking for a royalty free library.
    > For C++ you can use either CTNhttp://erl.wustl.edu/research/dicom/ctn.html
    > or dcmtk fromhttp://dicom.offis.de/
    > There are also commercial toolkits as well that may be simpler to use.
    > Roni
    >
    > For a Visual C++ 6.0 I w

    Hi Roni,

    Thank you very much for your answer. I am also interested in
    commercial toolkits.

    Simon

  4. Re: Receiving DICOM files over a network

    Your welcome to try our SDK
    http://www.mydicom.net
    Descent price and easy to use

    wrote in message
    > I am new to DICOM and I have written a program in Visual C++ 6.0 for
    > Windows that can read DICOM files from the hard disk. I now want to
    > write a thread function that can receive DICOM files over a network
    > and store them on the hard disk so that the program can read them
    > later.
    >
    > Does somebody have any suggestions which DICOM toolkit that can best
    > help me to write such a thread function? If possible, I also want it
    > to notify the main program when a DICOM file has been received and
    > also the name of the file. I will appreciate very much if somebody can
    > help me with any suggestions or advice.
    >
    > Simon

+ Reply to Thread