MPPS/Status - DICOM

This is a discussion on MPPS/Status - DICOM ; I am building an MPPS system and I have a question about ‘statuses’ (In Progress, Completed, and Discontinued). It is my understanding that the only status that are sent by the client are in the form of ‘Performed Procedure Step ...

  1. MPPS/Status

    I am building an MPPS system and I have a question about
    ‘statuses’ (In Progress, Completed, and Discontinued). It is my
    understanding that the only status that are sent by the client are in
    the form of ‘Performed Procedure Step Status’(0040,0252), and the only
    values for this attribute should be ‘In Progress’, ‘Completed’, and
    ‘Discontinued’. Is this true or is there another attribute or value
    that I am missing that relates to order status? Are there any status
    codes for these values similar to sending a status of ‘successes’ to a
    SCU that I am missing? I just want to make sure I am not missing
    anything.

    Thanks,

  2. Re: MPPS/Status

    Hi, Karl

    Those are indeed the only three permitted MPPS states (see PS3.4,
    Section F.1.5). However, be careful not to confuse an MPPS status
    with an Order status! The modality does not report anything related
    to the status of an order, or even a Requested Procedure, which are at
    higher levels than an MPPS (e.g., see the description in the IHE
    Radiology Technical Framework of the relationship of Orders, Requested
    Procedures, and Procedure Steps). In general, you should follow the
    guidance of the IHE Radiology Technical Framework for behavior
    associated with imaging workflow management.

    - Harry Solomon
    GE Healthcare

+ Reply to Thread