Suggestions.... on adding a bitmap image of a report to a patientrecord... - DICOM

This is a discussion on Suggestions.... on adding a bitmap image of a report to a patientrecord... - DICOM ; I have a word document that is a radiologists report. I can get a screen capture of the report and make a dicom image of it (secondary capture). My question is what demographic / dicom, group / elements should i ...

  1. Suggestions.... on adding a bitmap image of a report to a patientrecord...

    I have a word document that is a radiologists report.
    I can get a screen capture of the report and make a dicom image of it
    (secondary capture).
    My question is what demographic / dicom, group / elements should i
    copy from the patients image so that I can attach the report to the
    patients study?

    TIA

  2. Re: Suggestions.... on adding a bitmap image of a report to a patientrecord...

    Perhaps you might want to consider storing it as a DICOM encapsulated
    PDF document? Even if you go ahead with your idea of storing a screen
    capture of the report as a secondary capture image, the guidance for
    setting the DICOM attributes in the supplement defining DICOM
    encapsulation of PDF documents provide a very good sample of the
    elements and level of detail you'd want to use for any process which
    produced a DICOM object as a secondary acquisition of some other
    original document/content. Suggest you look at Supplement 104

+ Reply to Thread