DCMR multiple context group inclusion - DICOM

This is a discussion on DCMR multiple context group inclusion - DICOM ; Hello all, fiddling around with an XML-Version of DCMR Annex B (Context Groups) I noticed, that context group 4 includes context group 4031 twice: once via the inclusion of CID 4030 and once via inclusion of CID 4042. Is this ...

  1. DCMR multiple context group inclusion

    Hello all,

    fiddling around with an XML-Version of DCMR Annex B (Context Groups) I
    noticed, that context group 4 includes context group 4031 twice: once via the
    inclusion of CID 4030 and once via inclusion of CID 4042.

    Is this considered acceptable or should we call this a context group design
    mistake? Does anyone check context groups for circular references? (there are
    none at the moment)

    Thanks in advance and best regards,

    Winfried

  2. Re: DCMR multiple context group inclusion

    Hi Winfried

    I noticed that when I factored out the commonality in these macros,
    but decided not to make explicit mention of it. I will put in a CP
    to clarify that when including context groups this may happen, and
    that the circular inclusion and multiple inclusion, in which case
    the Context Group shall consist of the transitive closure of the set
    of all coded concepts within the included Context Groups.

    David

    Winfried Schoech wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > fiddling around with an XML-Version of DCMR Annex B (Context Groups) I
    > noticed, that context group 4 includes context group 4031 twice: once
    > via the inclusion of CID 4030 and once via inclusion of CID 4042.
    >
    > Is this considered acceptable or should we call this a context group
    > design mistake? Does anyone check context groups for circular
    > references? (there are none at the moment)
    >
    > Thanks in advance and best regards,
    >
    > Winfried

+ Reply to Thread