how to calculate window/level - DICOM

This is a discussion on how to calculate window/level - DICOM ; Hi all, I'm new with DICOM images, and I'd like know how to calculate the window/level when it is not given by the DICOM image. Is there any algorithm to calculate it? Thanks in advance. Álvaro....

  1. how to calculate window/level

    Hi all,

    I'm new with DICOM images, and I'd like know how to calculate the
    window/level when it is not given by the DICOM image. Is there any
    algorithm to calculate it?

    Thanks in advance.

    Álvaro.

  2. Re: how to calculate window/level

    On May 22, 9:43 am, avea...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm new with DICOM images, and I'd like know how to calculate the
    > window/level when it is not given by the DICOM image. Is there any
    > algorithm to calculate it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Álvaro.

    Hi Álvaro,

    The simpliest ever algorithm to do it is: (max - min) / 2 . Be
    carefull that most of those trivial algorithms are patented.

    http://groups.google.com/group/sci.i...6300354a34e5da

    http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/7218763/claims.html

    -Mathieu

+ Reply to Thread