Two questions about Print Service - DICOM

This is a discussion on Two questions about Print Service - DICOM ; Hello, I have two questions about the print service : 1. In the "No Collation" situation, do we need to N-Delete the film session after the process the films at the end of print service? According to the simple example ...

  1. Two questions about Print Service

    Hello,
    I have two questions about the print service :
    1. In the "No Collation" situation, do we need to N-Delete the
    film session after the process the films at the end of print service?
    According to the simple example in P3.17, I need not to delete the
    film session, but I think because the film session is created by the
    SCU, so the SCU should delete it.
    2. The SCU sets a element A with value "0" in the RQ, and
    receives a response from the SCP. In the rsp, the element A is set to
    be "120". Do the SCU need to remember the value in the rsp and set the
    element to be "120" in the next RQ?
    Thanks a lot!

    Wei Guo

    2k080520

  2. Re: Two questions about Print Service

    > I have two questions about the print service :
    > 1. In the "No Collation" situation, do we need to N-Delete the
    >film session after the process the films at the end of print service?
    >According to the simple example in P3.17, I need not to delete the
    >film session, but I think because the film session is created by the
    >SCU, so the SCU should delete it.

    We always N_DELETE after N_ACTION.
    That should make no unforseen problems, after having got the N_ACTION
    RSP the printer is already about to print, you do not have to wait for
    an N_EVENT etc. before making N_DELETE
    (at least not with Kodak, Agfa an Fujitsu MG printers )

+ Reply to Thread